[IRCA] Domestic MWDX to Enid OK, June 24-30, 2016

--- Begin Message ---
All times and dates strictly UT [4 hours ahead of `ELT` during EDT; when changing times one must also change the dates for events in the 00-04 UT period to the previous date by ELT].

Rx: mostly DX-398 with internal antenna only or PL-880; NRD-545 with ALA-330S inside E-W or inside randomwire N-S; Nissan stock caradio as specified; IC-R75 with E-W longwire; FRG-7 with NW-SE shortwire

These logs are excerpts from my daily all-band reports, mainly SWBC, also VHF/UHF, sometimes, utility, ham, which may be found in several archives without much delay, such as

All my MW DX reports starting August 2011 are archived in this forum with open access:
http://forums.wtfda.org/showthread.php?6543-MW-DX-from-Enid-OK-by-Glenn-Hauser/page48

These logs are in four sections, Canada [if any], Oklahoma [if any], rest of USA,Âunidentified [if any], separated by ======= Within each, they are in frequency order

** CANADA. 2749-USB, June 30 at 0443, very poor YL voice with French intonation, which per the Canadian Coast Guard website at this hour is:

``MCTS Les Escoumins / VCF - Broadcasts 04:37 Natashquan 2749J3E Radiotelephony --- Technical marine synopsis and forecasts for marine areas: 215 to 221 and 301 to 302. Wave height forecasts for marine areas: 215, 217, 219, 220, 221, 301 and 302. Notices to Fish Harvesters (when available).`` And // on La VerniÃre 2598J3E, unheard.

My previous log of this was as in DXLD 16-03: Jan 17 also at 0443 --- CCG is not pointing out that this place is in les Ãles de la Madeleine = Magdalen Islands (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** OKLAHOMA [and non]. 1640, June 24 at 0150 UT, as the sun is setting, it`s time to check the X-band, to find that local KZLS Enid-Hennessey-OKC is OFF; instead some silly sports talk about NBA draft, obviously WTNI Biloxi MS, which I cannot believe is not always running 10 kW ND day power, as I can hear it even when KZLS is on, underneath, and generally better than the other 1 kW X-banders at night. KZLS is sibling station to KCRC 1390 which was off the air night before (Glenn Hauser, Enid, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** OKLAHOMA. 1640, June 24 at 0553 UT, KZLS is still OFF, like earlier in evening. Possibly correlates with a non-severe storm which recently moved thru the Hennessey transmitter site area (but not Enid); and nobody has got out to the site to reset something (if not more serious). But it`s still off at many further chex: 1337 UT, 2220 UT; June 25 at 0138 UT and 0406 UT (Glenn Hauser, Enid, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** OKLAHOMA. 1640, June 25 at 1239 UT, KZLS Enid/Hennessey/OKC is still off the air; and still still at 0048 UT, 0310 UT and 0441 UT chex June 26 (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** OKLAHOMA. 1640, June 27 at 0133 UT check, KZLS Enid is still off. If this keep up much longer, may call or visit station re what`s up (Glenn Hauser, Enid, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** OKLAHOMA. 1640, June 27 at 1921 UT check, KZLS Enid/OKC is still OFF. Also still off at 1618 UT June 28 (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** OKLAHOMA. 1640, June 29 at 1913 UT, KZLS is finally back on the air with usual talk programming. Had been missing at least since June 24 at 0150 UT and daily chex since (Glenn Hauser, Enid, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

UNIDENTIFIED. 1020, June 27 at 0137 UT, KOKP Perry OK seems off, but I do have an open carrier not strong enough for this semi-local, slightly on the low side; then two different Spanish music stations on N/S and E/W antennas, perhaps Nebraska and New Mexico or Cuba (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

--- End Message ---