[IRCA] 639-CNR1 Beijing

From Chris Kadlec (previously near Seoul, S. Korea) are someÂcomments and recordings concerning this powerful low band TP station. This is copied from a Facebook post:

I've been meaning to post about this for quite some time:

639 CNR-1 Beijing (400kw) has been off the air for the past 2 months. I was quite sure about it but figured maybe they were just lower power. The signal was poor at about 30dBu, which was not the norm (since I have a very detailed bandscan showing 40+ with heavy echoes). I made sure to compare the recent recording to my most recent good recording of April 27th and they have absolutely 100% been off the air (or very low ... power at the most) since around the start of May. No word on why or when they will return. As I'm not in Asia now, I will be unaware when they do. You can still pick up 639 signals as it's part of the CNR-1 network, but the strongest of them has been off. Some recordings of them, 599 miles out, from Seoul.

639 - Late April: http://www.beaglebass.com/dx/external/Beijing_Before.MP3 (42dBu)

639 - June: http://www.beaglebass.com/dx/external/Beijing_After.MP3 (31dBu)