Re: [IRCA] New Product: DX Engineering NCC-2 Receive Antenna Variable Phasing Controller

Point taken Mark, and yet....

Afedri already has two channel input hardware (http://www.afedri-sdr.com/index.php/new-afe822x-sdr-net-dual-channel), and it's an option with RFSpace's NetSDR (http://rfspace.com/RFSPACE/NetSDR-X2.html). So, ahem, all that is needed is software. I seem to recall Linrad might be able to do something like what you suggest (a program not known for ease of use), and RFSpace says: "Dual channel support is only via GNURadio, GRC or custom applications using the NetSDR protocol."

Somehow though, there doesn't appear to have been much activity in this direction. My own toe in the water says that it won't be something that I could bang together in a weekend, and presumably those more skilled have better things to do. Paying for working phasing hardware still seems like a good option for now, if you want to DX rather than program.

I think Dave Aichelman has used the dual Afedri.  Any thoughts Dave?

best wishes,

Nick