[IRCA] Domestic MWDX to Enid OK, May 20-26, 2016

--- Begin Message ---
All times and dates strictly UT [4 hours ahead of `ELT` during EDT; when changing times one must also change the dates for events in the 00-04 UT period to the previous date by ELT].

Rx: mostly DX-398 with internal antenna only or PL-880; NRD-545 with ALA-330S inside E-W or inside randomwire N-S; Nissan stock caradio as specified; IC-R75 with E-W longwire; FRG-7 with NW-SE shortwire

These logs are excerpts from my daily all-band reports, mainly SWBC, also VHF/UHF, sometimes, utility, ham, which may be found in several archives without much delay, such as

All my MW DX reports starting August 2011 are archived in this forum with open access:
http://forums.wtfda.org/showthread.php?6543-MW-DX-from-Enid-OK-by-Glenn-Hauser/page47

These logs are in four sections, Canada [if any], Oklahoma [if any], rest of USA,Âunidentified [if any], separated by ======= Within each, they are in frequency order

** OKLAHOMA [and non]. 960, May 22 at 0521 UT, KGWA Enid is in open carrier/dead air but heavy hum past 0535 UT. Occasional chex at 0500 UT (local midnite) for many months have not found any 5-minute ``Fox holes`` of dead air like used to appear sporadically but regularly. So I hasten to employ the DX-398 and try to null the KGWA carrier, volume turned up, wary that modulation might cut back on at any instant.

At 0534 UT I do hear a local weather cast. It`s probably KMA Shenandoah IA during a syndicated talkshow break; second choice KGKL San Angelo TX, based on numerous previous receptions. Recheck at 0801 UT, now KGWA is re-modulating during Fox ``News``. (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** OKLAHOMA. 1650, May 20 at 0131 UT, gospel rock in English, presumably KFSW Sallisaw, which is really tough to hear here, and in two minutes is losing out to Spanish from Denver or El Paso (Glenn Hauser, Enid, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** U S A. 1700, May 20 at 0138, romantic tejana music, atop the sports talk stations, so KKLF Richardson TX; it`s clear of the ``horrible roar`` I was hearing on May 7-8, but not since, apparently emanating from KKLF itself or then something in the same direxion. 0142 UT English ID, ``Music revolution, Kick-1700``. BTW, NRC AM Log shows address for this Metroplex outlet is in faraway Corpus Christi. Ward Elliott in Richardson has been checking for the noise too May 18-20 and not hearing it. Says it`s ``the New Kick`` (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

UNIDENTIFIED. 1480, May 25 at 0105 UT, S9 dead air dominates, probably KBXD Dallas rather than KQAM Wichita (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

UNIDENTIFIED. 1500, May 20 at 0134 UT, the whistling sound in the sidebands is again audible, vs soft rock music from algo, and bits of KSTP sportstalk (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

UNIDENTIFIED. 2660, May 20 at 0143 UT, not even a JBA carrier detected from presumed second harmonic of KGLD 1330 Tyler TX, nor have I heard it for a while even later in the night. I think it`s not just the summer noise level, so is 1330 and/or 2660 off now? (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

[no Mostly Mexican MWDX this week]

--- End Message ---