From: "Les Rayburn" <les@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: "IRCA Radio List - irca@hard-core-dx_com" <irca@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Wednesday, May 25, 2016 4:17:27 PM
Subject: Re: [IRCA] 1431-Mongolia Test Received on Ultralight Radio in Japan

Congratulations to Hiroyuki on the catch!

So great to see an international DX test organized. But speaking as the former CPC, and someone who arranged dozens of DX Tests, I really have to recommend that we try to include the sweep tones for use in these tests when possible. We conducted double-blind scientific tests that deterred the sweep tones, off-hook sounders, and related effects cut through the noise much better than tones or even Morse Code (CW).

The tones are widely available online, and myself and others would always be happy to provide them. We can even edit custom test material including station identifications in Morse, voice IDâs, etc. with some notice.

Excellent job to all involved. More DX Tests, please. Foreign or domestic!

:-)

73,

Les Rayburn, N1LF
121 Mayfair Park
Maylene, AL
EM63nf

Member WTFDA, IRCA, NRC. Former CPC Chairman for NRC & IRCA.

Elad FDM-S2 SDR, AirSpy SDR, Quantum Phaser, Wellbrook ALA1530 Loop, Wellbrook Flag, Clifton Labs Active Whip.