[IRCA] Domestic MWDX to Enid OK, May 13-19, 2016

--- Begin Message ---
All times and dates strictly UT [4 hours ahead of `ELT` during EDT; when changing times one must also change the dates for events in the 00-04 UT period to the previous date by ELT].

Rx: mostly DX-398 with internal antenna only or PL-880; NRD-545 with ALA-330S inside E-W or inside randomwire N-S; Nissan stock caradio as specified; IC-R75 with E-W longwire; FRG-7 with NW-SE shortwire

These logs are excerpts from my daily all-band reports, mainly SWBC, also VHF/UHF, sometimes, utility, ham, which may be found in several archives without much delay, such as

All my MW DX reports starting August 2011 are archived in this forum with open access:
http://forums.wtfda.org/showthread.php?6543-MW-DX-from-Enid-OK-by-Glenn-Hauser/page47

These logs are in four sections, Canada [if any], Oklahoma [if any], rest of USA,Âunidentified [if any], separated by ======= Within each, they are in frequency order

** CANADA. 2749-USB, May 16 at 0253, roboYL talking about VHF channels, ``this is Charlie Foxtrot ---??--- Radio; out`` at 0254*. Fair signal and the T-storms are not too close tonight. I`ve been looking these up at the CCG site after each log, but EiBi has also entered them, including:
2749 0240-0300 CAN VCS Halifax Radio E ENA sm
Third fonetik did not sound like Hotel, which would be CFH Halifax Meteo Fax on several higher frequencies {seemed like one syllable, which would have to be Golf or Mike} (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** OKLAHOMA. 640, Sunday May 15 at 1204 UT, I`m checking KWPN Moore whether they are still playing the same pubaffs show in English as on WKY 930, but never synchronized? NO, because KWPN is totally off the air (and no KFI audible either, too late already). KWPN still silent at 1310 UT check, but on by 1335 UT back to stupid sports talk (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** OKLAHOMA. 1430, May 15 at 1133 UT, telling us to search iheartradio.com for The Herd (I assume, rather than The Heard). Good, that will lead me to an ID? Hardly, The Herd is a sportstalk show on Fox SR, ``The Herd with Colin Cowherd --- Thought-provoking sports talk and guests``. Where they will be glad to stream it for you without bothering to access any local affiliate; who needs them?

I guess it`s nothing but KTBZ Tulsa, so I check their website, http://buzztulsa.iheart.com/ and find no such thing as a program schedule. But it`s not a total loss since KTBZ site has a BABES link, and we don`t mean infants, but rather > Thong of the Day (only 236 photos so far), somehow correlating a healthy male libido with sports mania (but don`t rule out the Lesbians) (Glenn Hauser, Enid, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** U S A. 1480, May 15 at 1145 UT, another check on the status of KBXD Dallas: sun already up and KQAM The Big Talker, Wichita KS, during `Jill On Money` has CCI 3 Hz away from classic country; 1152 EAS ratchy-tones from one or the other, but no EAS message --- oh, oh, is someone using those as SFX again? That can get them into big trouble. 1157 starts playing `Wichita Lineman`, so is that KQAM? Of course not, it`s KBXD playing exactly the same tune as when I last logged them, at 1200 UT May 8! So is their playlist repeating the same stuff every week, every day, or every hour?? (Then the SAH was 4 Hz). 1200 UT usual canned legal ID for ``KBXD 1480 Dallas``, but not followed this time by a ``Wonderful K-Box in Dallas`` jingle, right into next song, ``It`s So Easy to Fall in Love``, so make that classic rock at the moment.

I was especially checking this, since on Friday May 13, Mark Sills in The Metroplex phoned to tell me that KBXD was off the air (and the 890 station was open carrier/dead air all day --- KTXV Mabank, 20,000 watts of nothing) (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

UNIDENTIFIED. 1500, May 19 at 0441 UT, that whistling noise in the sidebands of KSTP is again audible, subject of much investigation a few months ago leading to a few minor stations in the MO/IL/KY area, never determined just which (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

[no Mostly Mexican MWDX this week]

--- End Message ---