[IRCA] Domestic MWDX to Enid OK, April 29-May 5, 2016

--- Begin Message ---
All times and dates strictly UT [4 hours ahead of `ELT` during EDT; when changing times one must also change the dates for events in the 00-04 UT period to the previous date by ELT].

Rx: mostly DX-398 with internal antenna only or PL-880; NRD-545 with ALA-330S inside E-W or inside randomwire N-S; Nissan stock caradio as specified; IC-R75 with E-W longwire; FRG-7 with NW-SE shortwire

These logs are excerpts from my daily all-band reports, mainly SWBC, also VHF/UHF, sometimes, utility, ham, which may be found in several archives without much delay, such as

All my MW DX reports starting August 2011 are archived in this forum with open access:
http://forums.wtfda.org/showthread.php?6543-MW-DX-from-Enid-OK-by-Glenn-Hauser/page47

These logs are in four sections, Canada [if any], Oklahoma [if any], rest of USA,Âunidentified [if any], separated by ======= Within each, they are in frequency order

** U S A. 540, May 5 at 0649 UT, a last check of MW before shut-eye, finds one signal in the clear on the R75 with E-W longwire, mentions Fort Dodge, and then ``AM 540 KWMT``, and PSA from the Iowa State Patrol. No CBK, XEWA, KDFT, XETX or anything else to bother it. I can hear KWMT in the daytime on groundwave mixing with KDFT, so this could be groundwave too, which doesn`t go away at night, but is usually overridden by all the skywave. Except it needs to be on day power. 5000/170 watts U3 which means same pattern day and night, a broad cardioid to the south, null to the north (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** U S A. 870, May 5 at 1150 UT, plugs for ``Regional Radio``, then fade-out immediately. Propagationally it could be just WWL, but who uses that slogan? None listed in the NRC AM Log. Bingo! Search on radio-locator.com leads to KAAN Bethany MO with that very slogan. It`s a 930-watt non-direxional daytimer which NRC has as OLD, ``America`s Greatest Hits``, and whose exact hours depend on WWL SR/SS. Bethany is 12 miles south of Iowa on I-35 in NW Missouri. (In winters of 2014 & 2015 I had signs of KAAN on daytime bandscans, but now I`m sure.) (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** U S A. 1380, May 2 at 0259 UT, multi-station ID for emitters in Houston TX area, in progress at tune-in and don`t hear this one mentioned: KRCM Shenandoah TX, obviously *still* on 22 kW day power and pattern favoring Europe as it`s dominating 1380 with no special effort to hear it other than nulling local 1390 KCRC on the DX-398. Call letters pronounced in English, including several translators mixed in with regular calls, K273AL 102.5, K245AR 95.1, KAVA, K218BJ, and many more. Then back to a gospel song in Spanish, ``LevÃntate``, ``get up, you``, as these are all Radio Aleluya (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

--- End Message ---