Re: [IRCA] Layer Announces All-Digital AM Co-Channel Lab Test Results

Chuck,

Two broadcasting engineers I know, both in CA state that they have acute hearing and to them, the digital harmonics drive them nuts, if they have to monitor IBOC audio too long. It is quite personal to them. Some people like vinyl as the audio has the "warmth" that digital audio lacks. I kind of agree with that, as I have compared both many times. An album sounds better to me, if played through a good sound system. My hearing is not that acute that affects me listening to digital. IBOC audio sounds fine to me as well as the streaming audio, but to some digital audio is not to their liking.

Patrick

Patrick Martin
Seaside OR
KGED QSL Manager