[IRCA] Domestic MWDX to Enid OK, April 22-28, 2016

--- Begin Message ---
All times and dates strictly UT [4 hours ahead of `ELT` during EDT; when changing times one must also change the dates for events in the 00-04 UT period to the previous date by ELT].

Rx: mostly DX-398 with internal antenna only or PL-880; NRD-545 with ALA-330S inside E-W or inside randomwire N-S; Nissan stock caradio as specified; IC-R75 with E-W longwire; FRG-7 with NW-SE shortwire

These logs are excerpts from my daily all-band reports, mainly SWBC, also VHF/UHF, sometimes, utility, ham, which may be found in several archives without much delay, such as

All my MW DX reports starting August 2011 are archived in this forum with open access:
http://forums.wtfda.org/showthread.php?6543-MW-DX-from-Enid-OK-by-Glenn-Hauser/page47

These logs are in four sections, Canada [if any], Oklahoma [if any], rest of USA,Âunidentified [if any], separated by ======= Within each, they are in frequency order

** U S A. 660, April 22 at 1148 UT, C&W music from E/W, fades 1153 UT before I can hear any announcement or switch to Navajo chanting, after our sunrise 1148 UT. I don`t see how it could be anything other than KTNN Window Rock AZ, which would have to be on 50 kW ND day pattern. Its official sunrise in April is not until 1245 UT (May: 1215 UT). I bet they are (deliberately?) confused by MDT which is rampant on the Res and NM, but not in the rest of AZ (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** U S A. 660, April 28 at 1132 UT, KTNN, Window Rock AZ with unique Navajo chanting and drumming, as this station is in another episode of running 50 kW ND day facility at night, as has been reported by numerous listeners to the east who normally can`t hear it. 50/50 kW U2 night pattern is supposed to be a circle tangent to the west, nothing eastward. It`s not merely a matter of going to day pattern too early, but all night per other reports (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** U S A. 920, April 22 at 1202 UT, ad for a car dealer on I-270, and another ad for something at 1235 N Washington Ave. The latter could apply to just about anytown, but I-270? 3-digit interstate hiway numbers can be duplicated anywhere along 2-digit routes, and in this case 270s go around Denver, St Louis, Columbus OH, and Washington DC. This loops NE or ENE, and there is no 920 around Denver; Columbus despite a 920 station there and certainly Washington DC are too far and too far into the dayside, so that leaves: WGNU Granite City IL, 450/500 [sic] watts U4, address in St Louis. Day and night patterns helpfully point toward us, and this is already 14 minutes after sunrise here. Soon overtaken by an hymn, no doubt KYFR Shenandoah IA (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** U S A. 1200, April 22 at 1211 UT, ad for CarnicerÃa JimÃnez, with meat prices weighed in libras, and website carniceriasjimenez.com which chex for West Chicago among other IL locations. Typically WRTO Chicago manages to overcome WOAI just after sunrise with its 20 kW day power into a broad pattern from SW, clockwise to E, nulling toward SE (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

--- End Message ---