Sent: Wednesday, April 27, 2016 3:43 PM
To: ABDX@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Cc: AMFMTVDX - amfmtvdx@mailman_qth_net ; National Radio Club NRC am@nrcdxas_org ; IRCA Radio List - irca@hard-core-dx_com
Subject: Re: [IRCA] [ABDX] Common-Mode Choke Designed for MW DXing

Thanks Les. I just ordered one of these. I also asked the vendor if they would consider making a similar common-mode choke for 10-500 kHZ.

I have some local noise which is generally only an issue during daytime when signal levels are low. I am pretty sure it is locally generated. The DX Engineering choke I purchased was no help, but it requires a ground. Perhaps the 4' ground and radials were not sufficient for the unit, or the noise is not actually local to my house.