Re: [IRCA] All-Digital AM Co-Channel Lab Test Results Unveiled

I totally agree with Rick as I monitored both KRKO and KKXA and both caused a lot more sideband hash in full HD, even at this distance. I can detect KRKO's hybrid hash nightly on 1370 KAST, a local at 5.3 miles. It is not an issue, but it sure can be noticed in the background. In total HD, the hash was noticeably noisier. I am sure for local listeners a few miles farther from KAST, the noise would have had them tune out of KAST.  I just do not see IBOC working on AM in any regard. If the dial was go all HD, then most distant reception would be history, let alone DX.

Patrick Martin
Seaside OR
KGED QSL Manager