From: IRCA <irca-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> on behalf of Nick Hall-Patch <nhp@xxxxxxxx>
Sent: Friday, April 22, 2016 4:15 PM
To: Mailing list for the International Radio Club of America
Subject: Re: [IRCA] All-Digital AM Co-Channel Lab Test Results Unveiled

It's quite easy to correlate Chuck.  Just add ignorance and stir.  I
don't believe they actually said anything much about the digital
signal, so assumption of all digital IBOC can reasonably be added to
that mix.  (other details about demodulation of the analog signal are
also missing)

Audio examples would be nice, and might help to convince the doubters.

http://www.radiomagonline.com/deep-dig/0005/broadcast-engineering-conference-radio-technology-forum-sessions/37600
offers descriptions of the conference sessions, but I haven't been
able to quickly track down any more detailed results than what Dennis
linked to.

http://diymedia.net/old/stuff/AM_IBOC_Test.pdf  has a nice graphic on
the first page which I assume is what Chuck is alluding to in terms
of the difference  between present IBOC and all-digital IBOC.   Is
that the case Chuck?  If so, perhaps you could suggest a listening
test that could be done with today's systems (thereby saving me the
trouble of doing it incorrectly)?   Those secondary OFDM subcarriers
already sound pretty nasty on KRKO's signal this morning, and they
would be stronger in the digital only version.

best wishes,

Nick