[IRCA] Laptop for Elad FDM-S2 Use

I could use some advice on computers from those more experienced.

I have a Sony Viao laptop that Iâd like to use as the primary computer with my Elad FDM-S2. My primary interest is in recording as much of the FM band as possible in I/Q mode during openings. My plan is to install an external 4TB USB hard drive, and save recordings to that disc for later review.

I also sometimes use an AirSpy SDR for the same purpose.

The laptop is an Intel i7 CUP @1.73 GHz.
6 GB RAM
Windows 7 Home Premium with Service Pack 1
64 Bit OS

Would this computer suffice, or do I need something better for the effort?

73,

Les Rayburn, N1LF
121 Mayfair Park
Maylene, AL
EM63nf

Member WTFDA, IRCA, NRC. Former CPC Chairman for NRC & IRCA.

Elad FDM-S2 SDR, AirSpy SDR, Quantum Phaser, Wellbrook ALA1530 Loop, Wellbrook Flag, Clifton Labs Active Whip.