Re: [IRCA] AM Revitalization: From Hard Facts to Whimsical Fantasy

Colin,

Streaming works great here. Maybe it is the rural area or my speed (60+), but I rarely have trouble with it. The house is wifi'd and both Jeremy & I use it all of the time. Live radio is fine for DXing, but not to my taste in listening any longer. Few choices here and distant reception is plagued with too much noise and fading for my liking. I am spoiled with streaming.

Mark,

Radio is not dead, but in many areas it is dying, especially AM. FM has still some energy left. At least for a few years. If it wasn't that FM was pretty much noise free, it would be on the chopping block too. Add to that IBOC with several streams. But I stream a lot here and it is great. On occasion there is a glitch, but they are few and far between. I was listening to 2GB streaming this morning while lying in bed.

Patrick Martin
Seaside OR
KGED QSL Manager