[IRCA] Part II of my DXpedtion loggings from Masset 26 Mar to 3 Apr 2016

*1026 PHILIPPINES Quezon City 25 kW DZAR Sonshine Radio, Apr 1 1547 - Good
reception with inspirational messages.  Station seems to be right on
frequency, unless I'm looking at another cochannel, which may be the case!
Faded down to be replaced by a Chinese speaker at good level as well,
although I can still hear the Filipino.  Various frequencies noted on the
waterfall:  1025.975, 983, 1026.002, 015 and 019. (Salmaniw, Masset, BC)*

*1026 PHILIPPINES Quezon City 25 kW DZAR Sonshine Radio, Mar 28 1534 - Not
a great morning overall, with nothing particularly strongly heard.  Some
Filipino activity, and DZAR is mostly dominant on the frequency, but with
many carriers noted:  1025.975, 1025.995, 1025.998, 1025.999, a smudge
across 1026.000 about 1.5 Hz wide, 1026.002, 1026.004, 1026.005, 1026.013,
and 1026.020. (Salmaniw, Masset, BC)*

*1053 JAPAN Nagoya 50 kW JOAR, Mar 27 1515 - Nice ID repeated several times
as 'CBC Radio'.  All in Japanese, of course.  Cochannel, and not very
strong at fair/good level. (Salmaniw, Masset, BC)*

*1062 PHILIPPINES Pasig NCR 40 kW DZEC Radio Agila, Apr 1 1555 - Another
Filipino with good reception with the usual very rapid Filipino talk, and
into an EZL vocal.  As usual, faded down within a minute or so. (Salmaniw,
Masset, BC)*

*1152 AUSTRALIA Wagga Wagga 2 kW 2WG, Apr 3 1415 - A very interesting
morning.  Deep fades but then coming up to almost good levels.  English
programming here, which almost sounds Christian but who might this be?
Between the deep fades, it fits the 'talk format' of 2WG, so it's my
tentative logging.  BUT, at 14:30 it faded up again with an 'ABC news' ID,
so could this be Western Australia 6PNN in Busselton???  Not an easy
frequency for 2 reasons:  1150 domestic splatter, and I'm in the digital
IBOC hash from 1140!. (Salmaniw, Masset, BC)*

*1170 SOUTH KOREA Gimje 500 kW HLSR, Mar 27 1510 - KBS Hanminjok Bangsong,
completely dominating this domestic channel with very powerful signal.
Domestic ESPN, just audible. (Salmaniw, Masset, BC)*

*1377 JAPAN Yamaguchi 5 kW JOUC, Mar 30 1539 - Caught the NHK2 sign-off,
with local call letters for JOUC, and into their usual prolonged sign-off
process.  They had faded, but came up just in time to catch the sign-off.
At least one or two more cochannels here.  I was looking for RRI Poli-Poli,
but sounds more like a Chinese station. (Salmaniw, Masset, BC)*

*1404 AUSTRALIA 4 kW Busselton W Australia 6TAB, Apr 3 1408 - Not a
commonly heard frequency.  Suffering from some splatter from 1410, but I'm
hearing Australian accented English at fairly good level with what sounds
like racing results!  So, does this make it 6TAB, Racing Radio in
Busselton, W Australia?  The only other English speakers would be 2PK, in
Parkes, NSW which may having faded in briefly at 14:13, then back to the
sports format.  Otherwise there's Rhema, in Invercargill, which it
certainly is not!. (Salmaniw, Masset, BC)*

*1440 JAPAN STV Sapporo TV Hoso, Sapporo 50 kW JOWF, Apr 2 1607 - A strong
recovery after being absent an hour ago, which is highly unusual.  Normally
Sapporo is one of the strongest stations heard on-band throughout the TP
period.  Today, they were all but replaced by domestics.  Now, they are
back at strong level.  Perhaps not quite as strong as usual, but 2 hours
post LSR, and conditions improved a lot for Japanese, Korean, and even
Chinese stations. (Salmaniw, Masset, BC)*

*1512 JAPAN NHK 2, Mar 31 1415 - There are multiple NHK 2 stations listed
on this channel.  8 in number, between 0.1 and 5 kW, so I'm not sure who it
is.  English lesson.  There's a significant het from 1511.897 kHz.  As I
listened, NHK2 faded down, and some preaching came on, which I'm assuming
is DZAT. So many other carriers noted, too:  1511.986, 989, 996, 997, 998,
1512.000, 003, and 011.  Whew!. (Salmaniw, Masset, BC)*

*1521 CHINA Hutubi, Xinjiang 500 kW CRI, Mar 26 1737 - I was surprised to
hear weak audio on this channel at past 10:30 AM local this morning.  Was
it Saudi Arabia?  No, it seems to be // to 6040, which PAL lists as CRI in
Russian to central Asia, so presumably off the back end and skirting
daylight to reach me!. (Salmaniw, Masset, BC)*

*1557 TAIWAN Kouhu 300 kW 1557 Music Interactive Network, Apr 2 1603 -
Although PAL lists RTI here from 15:00 to 17:00, this is not the case.
Just continuous music heard.  A very interesting late post-dawn enhancement
after propagation taking a dive during the 14:00 hour.  About 90 min past
LSR, a big improvent noted, especially initially on the lower half of the
band and later the higher band as well.  1557 sometimes at very good
levels. (Salmaniw, Masset, BC)*

*1566 CHINA 2 sites of 25 kW Yanbian Weising guangbo, Mar 27 1536 - I know
it's a good morning when HLAZ from Jeju fades down to reveal the Chinese
cochannel.  I'm assuming this is Yanbian, but can't be certain of this.
Normally HLAZ completely dominates the channel with S9+20 signals.  This
fade was brief, only less than a minute. (Salmaniw, Masset, BC)*

*1610.946 AUSTRALIA Sydney 0.4 kW Vision Radio Network, Mar 29 1402 - I'm
presuming it's this Network, although they have several sites.  Gave a weak
ID, which I was unsure of at 14:00.  Suffering splatter from 1620.  Sounds
inspirational.  Another announcement at 14:04.  Muffly owing to other
cochannels on 1610.847, 1610.904, 1610.931, 1610.965 and 1611.053.
Improving by 14:07.  Sounds like a sermon at 14:08.  Great improvent at
14:10, and confirming that it's a sermon (American preacher), but now
cochannel Country music!   FAir to good.  By 14:11 the country music is
almost dominating. (Salmaniw, Masset, BC)*

*1629 AUSTRALIA Dubbo, NSW 0.4 kW Vision Radio Network, Mar 29 1422 -
Perhaps the most difficult X-bander, as there are many carriers noted, so a
real smudgy signal.  I measure the following X-banders, all at similar
strengths:  1628.917, 1628.949, 1628.985, 1628.997, 1629.002, 1629.010,
1629.020 (weak), 1629.029, and 1629.035.  Wow, PAL lists 13 or so, and I
see 9 of them! The preacher dominates again. (Salmaniw, Masset, BC)*

*1647 AUSTRALIA Mackay, Queensland 0.4 kW Vision Radio Network, Mar 29 1417
- And there is the preacher again, at fair level.  This is the VRN
morning!. (Salmaniw, Masset, BC)*

*1656 AUSTRALIA Bundaberg Queensland 0.4 kW 4UCB Vision Network (tent), Mar
27 1407 - EZL piano music at fair level, which doesn't match what I would
expect from what I usually hear which is the Voice of the Australian
Chinese in Brisbane.  Sounds Christian. (Salmaniw, Masset, BC)*

*1656.000 AUSTRALIA Melbourne Victoria 0.4 kW Rythmos AM, Apr 1 1346 -
Surprised to hear good reception of presumably Rythmos AM in Greek, I
believe, but faded down to nothing before coming back to fair level at
13:49.  Also surprised to measure them on an exact frequency. (Salmaniw,
Masset, BC)*

*1656 AUSTRALIA Bundaberg, Queensland 0.4 kW Vision Network, Mar 29 1411 -
Same preacher is here, // to 1611.  Not a bad morning for the X-banders,
which are not commonly heard in Masset.  Measuring on 1655.998, although
there is a cochannel (with music) on 1656.017. (Salmaniw, Masset, BC)*

*1663.5 JAPAN 15 minute maritime weather at :00 and :30 Tokyo Martis, Apr 1
1404 - Female computer generated voice continuous from just after 14:00
tune-in, and ended at 14:13.  This was not like the Japanese lighthouse
stations heard in past that are of short duration.  I think I heard many
references to Tokyo, but I'll have to post to the Real Audio group for
clarification.  Returned at 14:15, but weaker.  Not sure whether the same
station or not.  Not sure why PAL doesn't list this frequency as being
used.  Instead they list 1665 which clearly is not correct.  Makes sense
that this is the 'Tokyo Martis', which I assume stands for Maritime
Information Station?  Fits the schedule, although Nagoya Harbor Radio is
also listed at the same times.  At :15 would indicate Isewan Martis, listed
as from Tahara, Aichi.  No power indicated. (Salmaniw, Masset, BC)*

*1701 AUSTRALIA Brisbane 0.1 kW Radio Brisvaani, Mar 30 1343 - Even better
reception this morning for the X-band.  I can hear two stations for
certain.  The first is Radio Brisvaani with Indian style vocals and many
local ads with phone numbers in English, but there's a lower modulation
station which sounds like the Islamic Voice Radio.  I can see 3
transmitters on the zoomed in water fall:  1701.025 (the weakest),
1701.0605, and 1701.087.  I've recorded the X-band with the Perseus SDR.
Rechecking at 14:25 showed that they had mostly disappeared. (Salmaniw,
Masset, BC)*