Re: [IRCA] Salt Water-enhanced 3" FSL Tecsun PL-380 TP-DX for 4-1

At 23:52 01-04-16, you wrote:
1377 UnID-TPThe mystery of the morning-- very strong exotic music and a female announcer mixing with CNR1's male Chinese speech at 1345. The 6125 kHz CNR1 // was checked, and this certainly wasn't it. Does this sound like RRI Toli Toli? https://app.box.com/s/bkgpxuz4x2egltbpiiegzfp1mnxd504m

I'd feel more confident if you had heard one or two Filipinos as well Gary (such as 1314 or 1512), but guess that there were only so many minutes of opening. The Grayland master log really only has Japan other than CNR1 as recent Asians heard on this channel. Unfortunately the only IDs on Toli Toli here have been using the web stream as a parallel.

I suspect you had the best morning of the opening there, at least for Asians. NOAA is predicting fireworks soon, but for the time being, there has been a slight carrier heard on 1215 here this evening.

Unfortunately, I missed it completely, as had an early appointment back in town, and no time to set up the home listening station, so my DXpedition is finished. The signal strength recorder at home implied that outside of the big guns, such second-string channels as 603 891 1332 1314 1386 and 1422 had reasonable audio during the peak period of 1325-1335UT

best wishes,

Nick