Re: [IRCA] AM BCB DX…ELAD Captures………7 NEW Stations

On 2016-03-23, at 8:22 PM, Forrester S wrote:

> Indeed a great catch! 1470 is so cluttered here although I should try for
> it during au cx.
>
> Todd Skaine
> Bloomington MN
> On Mar 23, 2016 12:35 PM, "Neil Kazaross" <neilkaz58@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
>> KGND is a super catch at your distance!! Presumably they were on with day
>> power early. They are very rare here, although I WMBD is a huge pest.
>>
>> This log shows the advantage of having a SDR. Without it, it is doubtful
>> that you'd have been thinking to check 1470 at that time for this unless
>> you'd spotted and been intrigued by the sx format. Even then it is great to
>> have the recording to be certain of the phone number.
>>
>> 73 and well done.. KAZ

Thanks Guys……Every once in a while I am just in the right place at the right time….for a change!! Eventually a little luck has to come everyone's way!

I've been making Grabs at the TOH at Sunset and Sunrise for about the last year now, and I'm quite amazed what the SDR finds that I would otherwise never have a chance of hearing.

73…ROB VA3SW

Robert S. Ross
London, Ontario CANADA