[IRCA] Domestic MWDX to Enid OK, March 11-17, 2016

--- Begin Message ---
All times and dates strictly UT [4 hours ahead of `ELT` during EDT; when changing times one must also change the dates for events in the 00-04 UT period to the previous date by ELT].

Rx: mostly DX-398 with internal antenna only or PL-880; NRD-545 with ALA-330S inside E-W or inside randomwire N-S; Nissan stock caradio as specified; IC-R75 with E-W longwire; FRG-7 with NW-SE shortwire

These logs are excerpts from my daily all-band reports, mainly SWBC, also VHF/UHF, sometimes, utility, ham, which may be found in several archives without much delay, such as

All my MW DX reports starting August 2011 are archived in this forum with open access:
http://forums.wtfda.org/showthread.php?6543-MW-DX-from-Enid-OK-by-Glenn-Hauser/page45

These logs are in four sections, Canada [if any], Oklahoma [if any], rest of USA,Âunidentified [if any], separated by ======= Within each, they are in frequency order

** OKLAHOMA. 1210, March 17 at 2031 UT, another daytime groundwave check of KGYN Guymon. Now it`s wavering around S3, not with country music but NCAA BKB from Westwood One (Glenn Hauser, Enid, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** OKLAHOMA. 1650, March 16 at 1305 UT, nothing from KFSW Sallisaw, which ought to be inbooming here if on 10 kW ND day power, just something in Spanish. Ever since it succeeded KYHN last year, the signal has drastically degraded. KYHN with ``Arklahoma Talk Radio`` format would own 1650 at night, but now I can barely hear some gospel music sometimes vs Iowa, Colorado and Texas 1650s, the latter two in Spanish. KFSW may be at really low power, and/or ex-KYHN was really running 10 kW at night (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

===============

** U S A [and non]. 720, March 13 at 1308 UT, romantic music in Spanish from WSW, surely XEJCC Ciudad JuÃrez, now known as El FonÃgrafo; with Spanish CCI from more to the south, 1311 UT ``La EstaciÃn de la Raza``, i.e. KSAH Universal City/San Antonio TX (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** U S A. 1210, March 16 at 1252 UT, ad for something in Cheyenne & Laramie, ``New Country Buckin` 92``, C&W music, 1302 ID as ``KHAT, Laramie, and K222BL, 92.3, we`re Buckin` 92`` --- Another AM station, 10/1 kW U2, degrading itself to be a mere appendage of a tiny FM translator which gets top branding.

KHAT night pattern is supposed to favor the west. Nothing much from our closer country 1210, KGYN Guymon OK, which is certainly no longer running 10 kW ND day power at night, and maybe not even authorized night power and pattern (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** U S A. 1300, March 13 at 1331 UT, a brief bit from ABC news, 1333 UT Fox Sports talk, from NW/SE, ID in passing as 1300 KBRL. That`s McCook NE, 5000/136 U3, and NRC AM Log confirms that both networks are among its many affiliations. Yet there has been heavy QRM and not sure both I heard were from same station. KBRL day pattern has three lobes, one of them toward Enid (and similar night pattern); March FCC sunrise is 1300 UT, April 1200 UT, a rare situation where there is a full hour shift from one month to the next (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** U S A. 1380, March 16 at 0612 UT, gospel huxtress in Spanish, so KRCM Shenandoah TX still running 22 kW day power northeastward at night, as it was also heard by at least 8 European DXers in late January and early February per Mediumwave News (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** U S A. 1420, March 16 at 0610 UT tune-in, ID for ``Coast to Coast AM on KTOE, 1420, Mankato`` [man-KAY-toe]. Minnesota station overcomes spur from local KCRC 1390. KTOE is 5/5 kW U2, and night pattern is favorable, NE/SW (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** U S A. 1680, March 17 at 0617 UT, dead air loops SE/NW. Must be KRJO Monroe LA which is now just another FM simulcaster (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

==============

UNIDENTIFIED. 1610, March 16 at 0607 UT, open carrier/dead air, loops NE. No TIS normally heard here at this level; suspect it`s CHHA Toronto; vs ESE a bit of PMS from Anguilla (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

==============

Last two logs this week were made during standard time, requiring -5 hour conversion to ``ELT``:

All times and dates strictly UT [5 hours ahead of `ELT` during EST; when changing times one must also change the dates for events in the 00-05 UT period to the previous date by ELT].

** U S A. 760-, March 13 at 0127 UT, country gospel song about Jee-zus, VG signal looping ESE/WNW, slightly on low side making fast SAH with WJR which can only be heard by nulling this. I bet it`s the 10-kW ND daytimer in Arkansas. More seguÃs of such tunes, with 7-second pauses between them; 0141 UT ``Old-Time Religion`` by Willie Nelson. Finally long announcement at unexpected break of 0151 UT, full unashamed ID from ``KMTL, Sherwood-Little Rock-North Little Rock, Arkansas, United States of America`` pimping for new gospel program clients, also streaming via http://kmtl760am.com  Yes, I said it`s a daytimer, nor do they mention any FM // wagger as an excuse for ``accidentally`` being on AM at night. FCC official night hours for NO KMTL on 760 are 0015-1215 UT in March; 0045-1145 UT in April (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** U S A. 1370, March 11 at 1250 UT, from NNE/SSW, ad in English for Aquinas, a Catholic college in Nashville; 1257 UT Catholic talk and EWTN mentioned, lost before 1300 UT ToH. Therefore it must be the only EWTN Radio affiliate on 1370, KWTL Grand Forks ND, 12000/270/psra 500 watts U1, as in NRC AM Log, and confirmed the only 1370 hit at
http://ewtn.com/radio/affiliates.pdf
which is ``Domestic AM-FM affiliates, English-Spanish, Revised 02-17-2016`` with Spanish ones a*terisked --- lots and lots of `em including many FM translators and LPs, arranged by state. There is also a map to click upon. As with any station near a state line, it is necessary to check which state it really transmit from: per
http://radio-locator.com/cgi-bin/pat?call=KWTL&service=AM&status=L&hours=D
it is barely on the ND side; tho non-direxonal, coverage toward the east into Minnesota is reduced, due to terrain? March official FCC sunrise is 1245 UT; April: 1145 UT. Seems I have not logged KWTL before.

Meanwhile, I still can`t get *anything* from my nearest 1370, the alleged 5000/230 U1 KGNO Dodge City KS. The FCC still thinx it does not qualify for
http://transition.fcc.gov/mb/audio/newsite/docs/silentAM.html
(Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

--- End Message ---