Re: [IRCA] Canada station question

Thanks. I do appreciate all the input from our friends to the North. :)

Canada is a beautiful country and it's people are most friendly.

73,

Kraig

On 3/17/2016 6:19 PM, Theo wrote:
True. Mother Corp does NOT run any non-originating "newscasts". They used to carry BBC World Service news (radio) decades ago once a day. CBC Overnight stuff is simply shared feature programming, what used to be called transcriptions in days before satellite feeds.

Anything mentioning The Canadian Press would be from a non-CBC broadcaster... the service is what used to be known as Broadcast News which was the radio-TV wire-service division of The CP, originally a cooperative of member newspapers, and radio & TV stations. CBC likely would have access to the wire, but I've never heard them even carry voicers from BN/CP. It's always surprised me that a station of the stature of CFRB even makes use of the network 'casts.

Just because the two lead stories are from Calgary doesn't give a clue to the station's location; that would be like hearing ABC/CBS/NBC/AP/CNN with the two tops from, say, Southern California points to a station around LA.

Theo
(eons ago a user of BN at CJVB/1470!)