[IRCA] Super KAZ

I went out when I got home this evening to look and measure the room in the backyard. It is about 110 feet or so and the row of trees, there is one nearly in the middle, give or take a few feet, so the plans for the Western Super KAZ looks good. Instead of running the line on the ground, I think I will partial bury that line through a small piece of flexible piece of PVC type piping, it will be about even with the ground. That way no one will trip over it, if walking through the yard including animals.  It will be a bit more work, but safer. Either that or 7 feet off the ground, but then I would have to raise the peak of the KAZ. As it is, coming down on each end, I will run the wire down the side of a tree or tree branch. This should be interesting. It will be fun to compare the SW EWE with the new Super KAZ.  It will get onto this a bit metter when we get some dry weather. I will have to bury the coax and power cable to the Vactrol anyway. Maybe I can run the power cable through the same PVC as the wire, but I do not know if it would affect it.

Patrick Martin
Seaside OR
KGED QSL Manager