[IRCA] Alberta TPs for 29 February 2016

Propagation patterns seemed to change today, with no sign of Indonesia here. Still plenty to be heard though, with the lower band doing well early on, and the high band nearer to sunrise.

549	unID
	Traces of audio at 1357

747    JAPAN, Sapporo  JOIB
        In early today, with English lesson at 0957, and apparently
	fair to good until 1200, but nearly nonexistent near sunrise.

774    JAPAN, Akita    JOUB
        Fair-good with Engllsh lesson at 1205, with such useful phrases
	as "I Don't brush my teeth with a pizza".

792	unID
	Talk by a man at 1206, but too much 790 splatter to determine
	language.  Sounded like Brisbane though.

828    JAPAN, Osaka    JOBB
     	Reached weak audio by 1305, with language lesson //747, 774.

972    KOREA, S    HLCA
     	Weak with talk under 970 splatter at 1301.

1116	AUSTRALIA, Brisbane	4BC
    	Weak, with news by a woman at 1002.

1386	unID
	Traces of talk between man and woman at 1354.

1438	AUSTRALIA, Emerald	4QD
	Poor rising to fair, with ABC news fanfare at 1400, then news
	by woman.

1503	unID
	Traces of woman speaking at 1402.  Bit stronger at 1407 and
 	sounded Japanese, but too weak to be 100% certain.

1566	KOREA, S.	HLAZ
	Nothing earlier, but reached audio at 1349 with talk by a man,
 	and was good by 1355.

1593	CHINA		CNR1
	Nothing earlier, but rose rapidly around 1348, with talk in
	Chinese, //6125.  Did note a mix of time pips with NHK at 1400.

Carriers all over the place at various times. Around 1100 I had a fair carrier on 621, which is all I'm likely to get there unless KOJM gets rid of their IBOC. Near sunrise the strongest were on the upper band with 1242, 1512, 1575, and 1611 close to audio. Sunrise here is now 1404.

73,

Nigel Pimblett
Dunmore, AB
Perseus SDR & Wellbrook Phased Array