[IRCA] Alberta TPs for 19 February 2016

A complete bust here this morning as far as Asia or DU went, but enjoyed a good upper band opening to Hawaii. Actually my best Hawaiian morning of the season.

1420 KKEA, Honolulu Tough reception through KUJ with ESPN programming, and definite KKEA call ID at 1400. New here.

1460 KHRA?? (very tentative) A very strong KUTI made things very tough, but heard possible ID by woman prior to time pips at 1400.

1540 KREA, Honolulu Another new one here. About even with KXPA with man and woman in Korean at 1359, and ID just past the hour, "This is KREA, Honolulu, 1540 on the AM dial"

1570 KUAU, Haiku My only semi-common Hawaiian. Totally owned the frequency this morning, with ID by woman at 1400, and then into usual religious talk.

Usually when I hear Hawaii, I'm also hearing DU signals, or at least Tahiti, but this morning that wasn't the case. The opening didn't extend lower down the band. 1270 had a mystery station as well, with ethnic programming under KTFI. KNDI seems a possible candidate, but didn't hear anything in the way of an ID.

73,

Nigel Pimblett
Dunmore, AB
Perseus SDR & Wellbrook Phased Array