Re: [IRCA] 1500khz Mystery Station--ROAD TRIP

The 1500 noise is stronger here, in Acworth GA tonight. I went out and repeated the <roughly> 320 (magnetic N reference).

On the SDR, the noises are on either side of 1500, leading me to believe that this is not a spur from 1490 or 1510. This is someone on 1500.

In my 37 years as a broadcast engineer, I have encountered a few older transmitters that would "radiate" even when the high voltage was off. Normally this only goes a few miles, if it radiates at all. This typically goes away when the high voltage is "on". (So, the issue may not be apparent during the normal operation of the station.)

I do not think this has anything to do with WFED.

I suspect that it is someone with an older transmitter on 1500, they may be signing off, but the TX may continue to radiate some sort of trash. Given a relatively 'vacant' channel (relatively speaking---if there is such a thing anymore) a few dozen watts can travel a surprising distance at night

I have heard WPOT here "after hours", so could be them, or someone in W. Kentucky, maybe S. Illinois. Although WPOT seems a bit to far west from what I am seeing here.

Robert LaFore, Acworth GA