Re: [IRCA] [dxld] Re: 1500 KHz "Mystery Station"

WLAC 1510 was suggested as a potential culprit but that doesn’t jive with bearings. Also, WLAC likely still has a full-time engineering staff, and state of the art monitoring of their on-air signal. I have serious doubts that any such problem could exist for months undetected by their staff.

1490 is a possibility, I suppose but the interference is present on both the upper and lower sidebands, so I suspect our culprit is on 1500 KHz.

If everyone will take time to make a bearing check tonight around SSS, I think we can get to the bottom of this pretty quickly. We just need more data.

73,

Les Rayburn, N1LF
121 Mayfair Park
Maylene, AL
EM63nf

Member WTFDA, IRCA, NRC. Former CPC Chairman for NRC & IRCA.

Elad FDM-S2 SDR, AirSpy SDR, Quantum Phaser, Wellbrook ALA1530 Loop, Wellbrook Flag, Clifton Labs Active Whip.