[IRCA] WBOB DX test to Oklahoma

--- Begin Message ---
** U S A. 600, Jan 10 at 0545 UT on the R75 with E/W longwire, first check for the WBOB Jacksonville FL DX test which started at 0500 UT. Really too much WMT on this antenna, so switch to DX-398 nulling WMT IA as much as possible, i.e. aiming SE instead of ESE, which leaves a mix of Cuba and who knows what. Soon I hear Morse code spelling out JACKSONVILLE, so I could stop right there; 0549 UT sweep tones; 0550 UT rising beeps, phone-off-hook pulses; 0554 UT fire alarm siren & bells; very slow Morse spelling out WBOB a few times; 0555 UT phone-off-hook; 0557 UT WBOB in Morse many times; 0558 UT sweeps upward; 0559 UT beeps upward; 0600 UT phone-off-hook; 0603 UT fire alarm; 0605 UT I hear a voice mention Jacksonville, but suspect it was coincidental at end of Fox ``news`` from WMT; etc., etc. Tnx for the test, reportedly with 35 kW non-direxional day power and ND pattern rather than 9.5 kW out into the Atlantic normally at night (Glenn Hauser, Enid OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

--- End Message ---