[IRCA] Domestic MWDX to Enid OK, January 1-7, 2016

--- Begin Message ---
All times and dates strictly UT [5 hours ahead of `ELT` during EST; when changing times one must also change the dates for events in the 00-05 UT period to the previous date by ELT].

Rx: mostly DX-398 with internal antenna only or PL-880; NRD-545 with ALA-330S inside E-W or inside randomwire N-S; Nissan stock caradio as specified; IC-R75 with E-W longwire; FRG-7 with NW-SE shortwire

These logs are excerpts from my daily all-band reports, mainly SWBC, also VHF/UHF, sometimes, utility, ham, which may be found in several archives without much delay, such as

All my MW DX reports starting August 2011 are archived in this forum with open access:
http://forums.wtfda.org/showthread.php?6543-MW-DX-from-Enid-OK-by-Glenn-Hauser/page43

These logs are in four sections, Canada [if any], Oklahoma [if any], rest of USA,Âunidentified [if any], separated by ======= Within each, they are in frequency order

** OKLAHOMA. Jan 2 circa 1830 UT midday on caradio:
1460, KZUE El Reno is STILL off (at 0055 UT Jan 3 check of OG&E Systemwatch, only 270 outages remained in its entire service area, 170 of which were in El Reno, the very lowest priority!)

1460, Jan 4 at 1409 UT, Mexican music roughly NW/SE when I null KHOJ MO, 1413 UT Spanish talk, interview with woman on phone. Suspect it`s KZUE, finally back on air more than a week after latest icestorm which hit El Reno hard, the last town to have power restored by OG&E; but to be sure, must check at midday even if I can`t get an ID. YES: Jan 4 at 1728 UT, KZUE now dominant on groundwave looping N/S with ``mÃsica del recuerdo`` (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

============

** U S A. 790, Jan 2 at 1900 UT on caradio, C&W music past hourtop, 1902 UT ID as KXXX, Colby KS, serving ``generations of farmers and ranchers``, 1903 UT into Fox ``news``, deliberately delayed? CCI from talk underneath, SAH of ~8 Hz, presumably KFYO Lubbick TX. Getting past 800 KQCV OKC is the obstacle tho only 2.5 kW. Doing better than usual now in daytime (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** U S A. 1010, Jan 1 at 1345 UT, ``KXEN, Faith Talk for St. Louis`` and into Joyce Meyer program. Was 50 kW daytime, but has been on much reduced STA of 350 watts. Sounds like more than that but less than 50,000. Not unusual here (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** U S A. 1310, Jan 1 at 1338 UT tune-in, ``1310 WIBA News time``, football report, atop frequency. It`s Madison WI, one of my former locals, 5/5 kW U2. Day pattern is ND; night somewhat skewed toward the north. Then at 1339 UT, I check another Madison frequency, 1670 and WUSW is in well as often with sports talk. Official sunrise in January is 1330 UT (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** U S A. 1340, Jan 7 at 1413 UT, dominant signal from E/W is political talk, so not KGHM Midwest City OK, which is SSE, sports talk and closest groundwave once skywave is gone. 1415 UT phone 866-408-7660 which I thought was for the show but may have been the first of an adstring for a tax business, finally at 1421 UT for a Best Western hotel in Carthage MO, after a 1420 UT reference to a Brentwood Shopping Centre, which checks out for:

Springfield MO, KADI, which is ``The Ozarks` Big Talker``, and near enough/far enough from Carthage for such advertising to make sense. Talk host was not Glenn Beck. If their May 2015 schedule still holds,
http://www.1340bigtalker.com/category/programming
it`s evidently a local show: ``8-11 am Brian Kilmeade and Friends``. This site has KICK all over it, apparently in homage to original calls in *1950y (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** U S A. 1460, Jan 4 at 1409 UT somestation still playing Xmas carols! Loops NE/SW, ``O Come, All Ye Faithful``; 1412 UT Catholic promo; 1413 UT `Good King Wenceslaus`, 1422 UT mentions reallifecatholic.com, `We Three Kings`. Has to be the EWTN station for St Louis MO market, KHOJ St Charles, meaning Heart of Jesus, 12 kW day power. Nulling it I`m getting Spanish, so is KZUE finally back on? See OKLAHOMA (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** U S A. 1460, Jan 7 at 1359-1401 UT, EWTN/Ave Maria Radio joint programming in English, but NO local ID for KHOJ Saint Charles MO, which this has to be from the NE/SW, dominating frequency along with other St Louis area signals still in, such as rock music on 1430 (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** U S A. 1540.08, Jan 1 at 2316 UT as I turn on the caradio, already tuned to 1540 from last session, big het with South Asian music, no doubt KGBC Galveston TX as previously traced; 2320 UT, TexMex music gains from KEDA San Antonio; but 2343 UT, still the het on 1540.

This was reported in RadioDiscussions to be called ``Hum Tum Radio`` duplicating 106.1 FM. Searching on that name, I come up with hits in several cities including Houston, so I go there to
http://www.humfmradio.com/
just Hum FM rather than Hum Tum. I`m wondering what ethnicity in particular this is, among the dozens of major ones in South Asia. Probably obvious to the S Asians. And is it multi-lingual, or uni-lingual, or mostly in English? We find that Hum means we in Hindi, but beyond that they`re not saying.

``Welcome to HUM FM Radio Online! Listen to us on your radio dial on 106.1FM and in high definition [sic] on 107.5-3 HD3. You may also listen via our online audio stream and our mobile phone app.

Hum FM Radio is Houstonâs #1 South Asian radio station broadcasting 24/7. Hum FM Radioâs success is based on the leadership of Rehan Siddiqi. For over two decades Mr. Siddiqi has successfully operated radio stations as well as produced live entertainment for the South Asian community throughout the USA. Additionally, Hum FM Radioâs team has a combined 40 year span of experience in production, media solutions and knowledge of the mechanics of the radio industry. Read more``

``Hum FM Radio is Houstonâs only South Asian radio station broadcasting 24/7 on both FM & HD! Based in Houston, our heart is as big as Texas! We love to serve our community and our advertisers. From culture to demographics, no one knows South Asians better than Hum FM Radio. cityimage [illo]

Hum Fm Radio knows and understands the pulse of South Asians, we connect to them every hour of everyday, giving them a voice and a sense of identity. Weâre broadcasting 24/7!

Hum Fm Radio is an award winning market leader with 80% of our programming based on music and entertainment and 20% on news and topical programs.

Hum Fm Radio caters to the entire family and to all tastes with its mixture of classic and new hits, celebrities interview, South Asian lifestyle, traffic, weather and financial updates.

Hum Fm Radio has a proven and successful track history of promoting live events as well as executing media campaigns for local, regional and corporate advertisers. Hum FM is a true market leader with several advertising packages to fit any marketing budget.

Hum Fm Radio is a true market leader! Over 20,000 business in Houston are South Asian owned of which over 5,000 are convenience stores and gas stations! Businesses include banks, electricity companies, attorneys, insurance agents, restaurants, grocery chains, airlines, communication and IT companies, hotels, motels and moreâ``

``Created by admin on Wed, 12/09/2015 No comments IMG_5817-1

Rehan Siddiqi announced the launch of a new Houston radio station, 106.1 HUM FM, Houstonâs 24/7 Desi Experience. "106.1 Hum Fm" represents a new South Asian station in the Houston market. It merges South Asian and Bollywood music with dance and electronic into a new blend that will also appeal to anglo and other ethnicities. Featured is a variety of music from artists such as Rahat Fateh Ali Khan, Shreya Ghosal, Arijit Singh, Adnan Sami, Mika Singh, Atif Aslam, Sonu Nigam, Sunidhi Chauhan, Salim Sulaiman, Kishore Kumar, Lata Mangheskar, Mohd, Rafi Mukesh, Asha Bhosle, Mika Singh, Udit Narayan, Alka Yagnik, Kumar Sanu, Sonu Nigam as well as some cross over acts and European infused electronic remixes. Some of the late night programming will also include new music and indie features from cross over acts like M.I.A. and Jay Sean as well as newer lessor known artists like Humble the Poet, Mathai, Nadia Ali, Rajiv Dhall, Lilly Singh, Falu and more. The playlist will not be determined by era or popularity, but rather by the sensibilities determined directly by each of the on-air radio jocks, personalities and staff.

"Our RJs have a part in selecting the music that will be aired," announced 106.1 Hum Fm Director Rehan Siddiqi. "We are breaking so many firsts with 106.1 by airing South Asian and Bollywood music 24 hours a day and 7 days a week while simulcasting it live both on FM and on high definition on 107.5-3 HD3. We are streaming online and on mobile. We are blending some EDM remixes into the playlist. Weâre merging styles and generations into them, creating a mix and calling it The Desi Experience."

Siddiqi revealed that there will be plenty of programming to keep listeners entertained and engaged throughout the day. "A fun and dynamic lineup of shows with the hottest music, international and community news, and unrivaled access to Bollywood," He said. "It will all be broadcasted with a unique flavor reminiscent of home. We have programmed a schedule of the best RJs in Houston as well as specialty programming during the nights and on weekends from other local personalities and producers."

As far as the quality of being on an FM. "We knew the previous programming and broadcast on an AM dial was good but now on an FM weâve realized itâs beyond excellent!" Morning Personality, Radio Jock and host of 2 programs Arif Memon said. "Our quality is on par with other mainstream stations. I feel we have arrived and all the hard work and effort has paid off in a big way."

The public agrees. "Itâs definitely exciting times, not just for the Hum FM Radio team, but for the whole of Houston!" exclaimed Radio Jock and personality Natasha Khan. "For so many years there has been a need for a reliable and reputable 24/7 Desi radio station. Rehan Siddiqi understood that and he has delivered. The response from the South Asian community has been phenomenal. In fact, we have listeners online from all four corners of the United States, as well as internationally, contacting, congratulating and expressing their appreciation daily. Iâm excited, too! Hum FM Radio is now bigger, better and stronger then ever before."

The marketing plan for promoting the new station will be done on air and via social media. Joshua C. Mares of Advernomy is the consultant in charge of creating the visual brand as well as leading the digital strategy. "The marketing activity will highlight how Hum FM has evolved into a major player and leader in the local radio market," Explained Mr. Mares. "Houstonians are diverse and they embrace change. Having South Asian and Bollywood music on FM just makes Houston a better place to enjoy traditional radio. We plan to highlight this acoustic experience and the diversity in the marketing."

For more information about the new 106.1 Hum Fm Radio programming, events and news, listen to 106.1 FM, 107.5-3 HD3 or log on to http://www.humfmradio.com

# # # #

Press Release Prepared by Informitron --- About Hum FM Radio

Hum is a pronoun in Hindi meaning "We". Hum FM Radio is Houstonâs #1 South Asian radio station broadcasting 24/7. Hum FM Radioâs success is based on the leadership of Rehan Siddiqi. For over two decades Mr. Siddiqi has successfully operated radio stations as well as produced live entertainment for the South Asian community throughout the USA. Additionally, Hum FM Radioâs team has a combined 40 year span of experience in production, media solutions and knowledge of the mechanics of the radio industry.

HUMFM, LLC â Parent Company of Hum FM Radio and itâs director is Rehan Siddiqi. Rehan Siddiqi --- About Rehan Siddiqi --- Rehan Siddiqi is a successful business owner, concert producer and radio station personality and operator with more than 20 years experience in the music and radio industry.

Rehan Siddiqi has produced over 250 successful events with many of South Asia and Bollywoodâs biggest stars such as Rahat Fateh Ali Khan, Sonu Nigam, Jagjit Singh, Pankaj Udhas, Saif Ali Khan, Rani Mukherjee, Priti Zinta, Akshay Kumar, Adnan Sami, Sunidhi Chauhan, Shreya Ghosal, Kailash Kher, Anu Malik, Umer Shareef, Shazad Roy, Hadiqa Kiyani, Jawed Ahmed, Sukwinder Singh, Shazia Manzoor, Fariha Perwaiz, Amanat Ali, Ali Zafar, Atif Aslam, Himesh Reshamiya and many more.

Besides being at the realm of the entertainment world, Rehan Siddiqui involves himself in charitable activities like sponsoring community events, seminars and workshops on topics like immigration, health and taxes. He has volunteered hundreds of radio hours as well as financial contributions to many non-profit and community organizations.``

They have quite a gallery of mostly YL DJs, or rather RJs. Did you know a female could be a ``jock``?

What about being on 1540 KGBC?!?!?! Nothing about it, not even by Site Search, where 1540, or KGBC get nothing but an error message. So they are in no hurry to publicize that, but it seems this thing has only existed on FM for less than a month. The HD-3 being on 107.5 contradicts what we found in the WTFDA database as being on 102.9.

It shows the 107.5 in Houston market, is, with main channel info:
``KGLK // KHPT 107.5 LAKE JACKSON TX 95.0 601.0 29.1716 95.1353 HOUSTON'S EAGLE CLASSIC HITS``. KHPT is 106.9 in Conroe, // KGLK. Hum are also on Facebook which I don`t access; maybe some mention of KGBC 1540 there?

And what about their ``main`` frequency, 106.1? Of FCC`s 39 TX records on that frequency, the very last one is in the Houston area:
K291CE TX SUGAR LAND FX LIC --- Licensee: PRIMERA IGLESIA EVANGELICA DE APOSTOLES Y PROFETAS --- it`s only a 190 watt translator, hardly befitting the hype above which would be revealed if they ever cited its callsign (Glenn Hauser, OK, WORLD OF RADIO 1807, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** U S A. 1640, re my log of KBJA in Sandy, Utah, remarks that it had been deleted, DKBJA, tnx to Greg Hardison for pointing out that the SS Utahn X-bander which had been deleted but remained on air is 1660 DKXOL Brigham City instead (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** U S A. 2660, Jan 5 at 0715-0733+, harmonic is a bit stronger than usual, tantalizing with traces of music, presumed KGLD 1330 Tyler TX. If only I could get a little more signal and/or a little less noise. Tim Tromp in MI has now decided he could make out a KGLD ID on his recording. Please don`t try to get a QSL or even contact the station about this harmless multiple, lest they be motivated to get rid of such a neat DX target (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

UNIDENTIFIED. 1290, Jan 1 at 0424 UT, crooner singing ``It would take a Michelangelo``, i.e. ``Portrait of My Love``, roughly north/south. Best bet by proximity and format, and ruling out some news/sports 1290s, is: WZTI Greenfield WI, 5/5 kW U4, UC:OLD format per NRC AM Log. Patterns are NNE/SSW, but 1290 is that page in the NRC Pattern Book where day and night patterns are indistinguishable. Radio-Locator.com shows both day and night similar patterns favor the north but not exclusively. The second possibility, from the opposite direxion, is: KIVY Crockett TX, 2500/175 watts U1, NOStalgia format. Crockett is in east central TX (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

--- End Message ---