Re: [IRCA] IRCA Digest, Vol 139, Issue 52

Hi Gary and Mark,

My efforts to add varactor tuning to the FSL antenna haven't been
abandoned, just put on hold. I gathered all the parts and scoured the Web
for various circuits and approaches for using varactor tuning, to to
reacquaint myself with the pros and cons of varactors, but that's it so far.

As usual I currently have a number of partly finished radio related
projects going on, and I haven't returned to this one. Right now I'm
working on wrapping up a LCD digital readout for a Sony ICF-EX5MK2, and
also doing a LED mod to replace the backlighting lamps inside of a mint
condition, vintage Zenith Trans-Oceanic I acquired.

It's just a case of too much work and commuting! Retirement one day sounds
nice :^)

73,

Guy Atkins
Puyallup, WA