[IRCA] First Christmas music of the season heard on 1390.

--- Begin Message ---
On 11/4 at around 2300 ELT, I heard my first Christmas music of the season on 1390. I wasn't able to ID them because they faded down & I had other things I needed to go & do but I'm pretty sure it was KLGN, Logan, Utah.
KLGN isn't consistently there at night here but does show up relatively often. They are normally AC/EZL & use the slogan "Lite 103.3," promoting their FM translator: K277BD.
Around 0900 ELT, 11/6, while driving to work I noticed my local KISC(FM) "Kiss 98.1" playing solid Christmas music which will, of course, continue through 12/25. I believe this is lucrative for them as they sell sponsorships for it & have been doing this for many years.
I called my wife at lunchtime to inform her that Kiss FM had gone all Christmas music, preempting their normal "Lite Rock," & she was excited. Kiss FM is her favorite station anyway.
I'm with Rick Dau that Christmas music should appear only after Thanksgiving, & then only mixed in with the regular music. My normal response to Kiss FM is to remove them from my car radio presets until 12/26, although I haven't done this yet.
My favorite station is Kool 107-1, KPKL Deer Park-Spokane, WA, which plays oldies from the 50's to the 80's, including many I haven't heard on the radio in decades. Where else can I hear "Pictures of Matchstick Man" by Status Quo (1968) or "Bad Time" by Grand Funk Railroad (1975).
For years I've yearned for an oldies station that didn't play the same 300 oldies over & over but instead played lots of the thousands of popular old rock songs & KPKL does.
Sorry if I've veered too far from the DX topic, but at least I didn't talk about how my local grocery store had a giant Halloween candy display up the last week of August, & the day after Halloween replaced them with Christmas candy.
Stan "Bah Humbug!" WeisbeckSpokane, WA

--- End Message ---