Re: [IRCA] CBU 690 to be off air 3 hours next weekend

This is an important event! Not sure on what level, but it would allow
us crystal clear reception of whatever else is on 690khz.

And now for a slight exaggeration: When there is a technical failure of
virtually any AM or FM transmitter in B.C. (and likely in any other
Province...)
resources for our stately CBC are so stripped down and cut to the quick
that there are few technicians to respond to any issue.

Recently there were some hardware issues in Ucluelet / Tofino with
the FM transmitters - they had to send someone from Vancouver B.C. -
as one of the few techs that still work for Canada's mother network radio.
Issues like the current flakey behaviour of CBC 6160 Khz on the West Coast
will likely continue for some time as there are simply no staff resources to
look after the trouble.

--

*Colin Newell is the Editor and creator of Coffeecrew.com
<http://www.Coffeecrew.com> - Coffee.bc.ca <http://Coffee.bc.ca> and