[IRCA] TP 13 Oct Victoria version

A decidedly bitty morning, erratic and a bit thin on the ground, with the bulk of the action around 1400UT again

pretty darn good audio (all of it understandable by a native speaker, at least briefly):

1287 JOHR briefly peaking 1356UT with man in Japanese
1566 HLAZ also briefly peaking 1358UT with woman in Chinese, brief vocal music, then echoed Chinese talk as it faded to nothing by the top of the hour

Reasonable audio at times during the period (much of it understandable by a native speaker, though often battling w/splash or noise):

828 JOBB man in Japanese 1355UT, //774 which was also at this level
1566 HLAZ the Japanese programs peaked only to this level 1343UT with woman in Japanese signing off, wishing me "oyasumi nasai" (good night; odd, that I was heading off to work), and a nice "H-L-A-zeto desu" ID

not so reasonable audio, occasional words or phrases in splash or noise could be understood by a native speaker:

594 JOAK man in Japanese 1410UT
1143 Taiwan Fisheries likely with woman in Chinese interspersed with a brief musical figure 1414UT; nothing on 738 at this time, and the web archive seems to be giving me corrupted files.

Burbles in the splatter and noise (if lucky, language might be guessed at by cadence of talk, or parallel established by changes in talk or music)

603 R. Waatea??? woman and man talking, didn't really sound Korean, English or Chinese, and no 765 for a parallel
702 man in DU English? 1338UT, no parallels if ABC.
747 JOIB man and woman talking //774 1357UT
792 man talking, DU English? 1355UT
972 woman talking, 1355UT Korean inflection?
1053 Korean jammer 1353UT
1242 JOLF? pop music 1423UT
1575 man talking 1411UT, couldn't guess at language

Strongish het, no or "near imaginary" audio (either undermodulated or ravaged by splatter)

621 738 819 882 891 1008 1161 1179 1269

best wishes,

Nick