[IRCA] Arizona TP, October 11th

I haven't been doing much of this lately, but after some "live" DXing
yesterday evening, I did an "until the laptop battery runs dry" SDR
recording overnight with my Conti Superloop pointing due north.  This was
in part looking for new domestic stations, but probably does nearly as well
on Japan/Korea as pointing more directly northwest to them.  I managed to
get a 7:26 recording from 0558-1324UT.

I don't have time for a detailed analysis, but reception was good for this
location.  I had medium intelligible audio at times from 774 and 972.
Rivaling 972 for the best signal was the jammer on 1053.  Weak audio from
693, 747, and 828.  Other interesting carriers, but probably still all
Japanese/Korean.  The 1053 jammer peaked at around 1030UT, but the rest of
the stations peaked late in the 12UT hour into early 13UT hour.  My
recording didn't quite last until local 1330UT sunrise.

Brian Rachford - Prescott, AZ
azswdxing@xxxxxxxxx
http://azswdxing.wordpress.com/