Re: [IRCA] [dxld] Re: Radio Kiribati

--- Begin Message ---
WRTH says it`s UT +12, and so does
http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/kiribati/tarawa
In fact, your 4:16 pm CDT/9:16 am Kiribati conversion works out to UT +12, not 14 (Glenn Hauser, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

On Thu, 10/1/15, 'Paul B. Walker, Jr.' walkerbroadcasting@xxxxxxxxx [dxld] <dxld@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

       Oh, I forgot to add, Radio
 Kiribati only broadcasts local programming at certain times
 of day. Sometimes I'll hear Radio new Zealand
 International outside of local broadcasting, other times I
 won't
 TX times are as follows.. most
 of their programming is in their native language, which is
 gilbertese according to wikipedia. It's a Micronesian
 language of  the Austronesian language family. The do three
 segments of english broadcasting every day, some 30 minutes
 long and one is an hour long.

 Kiribati is UTC+14... at 416pm
 Thursday in Southwest Arkansas, where i am.. it's 916am
 Friday morning in Kiribati.
 Morning: 0700am to 0830am.
 English at 8amLunch: 1200 noon to 1330.
 English at 1300Evening: 1700 to 2130. English
 at 1800
 PAUL

--- End Message ---