Re: [IRCA] Navtex

Hi Chris, took a while to respond. I haven't had the radio and SeaTTY running in a while.

Open the Help tab and open Contents to read about the AFC settings.

I use a tube receiver that drifts some so I will have wider settings. The AFC basically lets the cursors search for the signal. Bigger number means it can move further from the set frequency. AFC Global is the one that you want to let roam a bit. You'll have to play with it and see how it works on your receiver.

I don't use SQL but it acts like a noise filter.
The NORMAL has some applications but I have rarely used it, only on RTTY where I was tuned high in frequency.

Listening to 518 kHz is fun. I've heard NMO, NMC, NMW, NMQ, NMG, NME, VAJ, VAE, NOJ.
You can also tune in to shortwave frequencies and copy their weather broadcasts.

Have fun!

Martin