[IRCA] Alberta TPs for 20 September 2015

Since southern Alberta didn't experience the Asian high yesterday, I didn't experience the drop either. Today here was slightly better than yesterday. More audio for sure, but most of it was of the 'just there' variety, other than Tahiti, which was rivalling the domestics on 740 at times.

675	UNID	Heard few words by a man just after 1300.

738 	FRENCH POLYNESIA, Papeete
	Nice clear signal at 1240 with French language vocal by a woman

819 UNID Bits of audio at 1251, but 820 splash seemed particularly strong today.

882 UNID Traces of music at 1254, and back at 1306 with more music. Star from Auckland seems likely.

963	UNID	Faint traces of music at 1246

1017 Strong carrier, but no audio. Presumably Tonga leaving their carrier on after s/off. Speaking of which, years ago I logged them on late during a Rugby World Cup (rugby being a religion down there), and that event is on again, so it might be worth checking on the days when Tonga is playing. I did hear a few words from a woman talking at 1303, but I think that was another station under the big carrier.

1035	NEW ZEALAND, Auckland	Newstalk ZB
	Presumed with talk by two man at 1243

1044	UNID	Traces of audio at 1243

1386	UNID	Faint traces of music at 1356

1503	UNID	Traces of talk by a man at 1248

Most years, by mid September, the Asians are beginning to predominate, and I'm sure that one of these days the Asians wil show up here, but so far this season I've had the opposite experience of Gary, will plenty of DU, but no Asia.

73,

Nigel Pimblett
Dunmore, AB
Perseus SDR & Wellbrook Phased Array