[IRCA] DX-TOLERANT SPOUSES

I have to agree with and comment on Colinâs remarks:

> .'...having been on numerous DXpeditions/2nd Honeymoons, my wife, Andrea, gets better than most YL's the significance of success and failure in the DX game...

My wife and I honeymooned in NZ and Fiji in 1978. I brought along my old Sony ICF-6700W (a BIG radio), a loop antenna and a cassette recorder. During our honeymoon, I heard the election returns on KNX (first time around for Jerry Brown). Also, it was the same weekend of the 10 to 9khz worldwide frequency separation change. She was and still is very tolerant of my DX proclivity. Itâs part of the package. I pay dearly for this, however, sitting around in stores while she non-stop shops. Good chance to catch up on e-mails...

> Yup, I'm a lucky stiff.
Yep, I agree!

Pete Taylor
Tacoma, WA