[IRCA] TP 19 Sep Victoria version

I think Colin proved once again that his is a better Asian reception location. Although some second tier stations made it through, I suspect this qualified as a slightly poorer morning than yesterday for me. I would hardly call JOGB-873 a regular here, but it certainly did well this morning.

pretty darn good audio (all of it understandable by a native speaker, at least briefly):

594 JOAK novelty pop mx 1337UT, but a number of other times at this level also
747 JOIB man in Japanese //774 1334UT  brief peak
774 JOUB man in Japanese 1215UT , also English lessons 1322UT, very big signal
873 JOGB man in Japanese 1341UT //774 in case there was any doubt
972 HLCA man and woman in Korean 1338UT

Reasonable audio at times during the period (much of it understandable by a native speaker, though often battling w/splash or noise):

603 HLSA man in Korean 1323UT into Elvis ballad, soon faded
828 JOBB English lessons 1258UT, unusually vigorous 820 splash
1053 Korean jammer 1217UT
1566 HLAZ man in Chinese, presumably translating the man interspersed in English 1206UT; actually stronger than the Japanese program s/on at 1230UT, and never really heard the Japanese program much better than this level.
1575 VoA man in SE Asian language 1336UT

not so reasonable audio, occasional words or phrases in splash or noise could be understood by a native speaker:

954 JOKR woman in Japanese 1236UT, man in Japanese 1324UT; not quite as good during its reprise at 1356UT with sports, when it was briefly the last DX left standing, until JOAK roared back at 1358 for about a minute

Burbles in the splatter and noise (if lucky, language might be guessed at by cadence of talk, or parallel established by changes in talk or music)

558 HLQH laid back music //603 both quite poor 1306UT
567 JOIK man talking //594 1307UT
603 unID un-laid back man declaiming, taking over from HLSA's laid back music 1307UT
693 JOAB woman talking //774 1302UT, barely making it through evil CBU splatter
738 pop mx 1207UT possibly Tahiti, though no other DU
891 JOHK man talking 1201UT; 567 faded up with same man at 1202UT
1242 man talking Japanese inflection 1356UT
1287 man talking Japanese inflection 1345UT

Strongish het, no or "near imaginary" audio (either undermodulated or ravaged by splatter)

558 576 837 846 864 1179 1323 1332 1386

best wishes,

Nick