[IRCA] Cape Perpetua DX Sept. 14th - NOT !!

DX was a no-show for me at Cape Perpetua this morning, but not for the same
reason Walt in Victoria experienced (lousy propagation). In my case I lost
the #!%?)* BNC-to-BNC coax cable I brought on the trip!

I was hooking up the gear at 1250 UTC on the lonely highway 101 turnout
this morning, and couldn't find the coax cable anywhere among my stuff. The
features of Wellbrook loops are impressive, but they haven't yet released a
Bluetooth wireless version of the ALA1530 series  :^)

I think the coiled cable must have fell out of the vehicle as I was packing
up after yesterday's session; I looked around the same small parking area
this morning after the discovery but didn't spot it (another DXer passing
through found the cable and scooped it up, ha!

If this was a regular DXpedition I'd have many cables with me, but I only
packed the bare-bones essentials for this vacation. Perhaps I'll locate a
suitable substitute at the tiny Radio Shack store up the road in Waldport,
Oregon.

73,

Guy Atkins
Puyallup, WA