[IRCA] Cape Perpetua, Oregon Loggings - Sept. 12th

I'm on a family vacation to Yachats, Oregon, but I was able to sneak a few
minutes . of pre-dawn DXing from the top of 800+ ft. Cape Perpetua. This
scenic overlook has an astounding view when the sky is clear, but this
morning it was foggy and overcast.

The setup was an Elad FDM-S2 and a Wellbrook ALA1530S+ Imperium 1-meter
active loop antenna.

This morning's DX was hampered by some significant unidentified noises
throughout the band; I haven't figured out yet if this QRM was
self-inflicted from my own electronics (minimal gear brought along) or if
it's something on-site. Tomorrow I'm trying a different location along the
highway at 140 foot elevation (a highway 101 turnout that Gary DeBock and I
have used the past few years).

Besides what's listed below, I had a lot of channels with threshold
audio... unfortunately the noise covered up any chance of DXing these
frequencies.

--------------------------

531 Unid. - Some weak EG talk with ads string for cafe & other businesses
at 1348, but no clue as to who this was. On the recording I think I hear
mentions of "in Auckland" a couple times, but if this was 531 PI the
language wouldn't be English(?).

612 4QD Emerald Poor to fair with bluegrass music and talk 1344, parallel
to the following:

      702 2BL Sydney at 1340 UTC (better)
      657 8RN Darwin (good)
      684 8RN Tennant Creek at 1350
      738 2NR Grafton (presumed) but very weak
      774 3LO Melbourne at 1344 (good)

675 Radio National - Kiwi accented EG talk about upcoming program on how
Buddhists and Hindus are coping with the aftermath of the April 2015 major
earthquake in Nepal. Fair-gd briefly around 1351. Rock music selection,
followed by commenter "that was one of New Zealand's most popular
artists.." and a mention of Christchurch.

684 Unid. - Weak talk and music here, 1344-1350.

693 JOAB Tokyo surprisingly good at 1349-1351 compared to the DU signals.
Continuous Japanese talk by a man, and completely dropped into the noise at
1352.

792 Unid. - very good signal of jazz instrumental music peaking at 1346,
disappearing before any talk could surface.

936 Unid. - man and woman talking in Aussie accent English; no parallels
noted. 4PB Brisbane?

1035 Newstalk ZB Wellington - Newstalk ZB ID at 1345 with talk show host
and guest in Kiwi sounding English. Poor-fair.