[IRCA] Domestic MWDX to Enid OK, August 14-20, 2015

--- Begin Message ---
All times and dates strictly UT [4 hours ahead of `ELT` during DST; when changing times one must also change the dates for events in the 00-04 UT period to the previous date by ELT].

Rx: mostly DX-398 or PL-880 with internal antenna only; NRD-545 with ALA-330S inside or N-S random wire; Nissan stock caradio as specified; FRG-7 with E/W longwire as specified

These logs are excerpts from my daily all-band reports, mainly SWBC, also VHF/UHF, sometimes, utility, ham, which may be found in several archives without much delay, such as

All my MW DX reports starting August 2011 are archived in this forum with open access:
http://forums.wtfda.org/showthread.php?6543-MW-DX-from-Enid-OK-by-Glenn-Hauser/page38

These logs are in four sections, Canada [if any], Oklahoma [if any], rest of USA, unidentified [if any], separated by ======= Within each, they are in frequency order

** CANADA. 2749-USB, Aug 17 at 0152, barely audible YL robot in French with presumed marine weather, which per Bill Hepburn`s site
http://www.dxinfocentre.com/mb.htm
starting at 0140 UT is Fundy, VAR-3, (Yarmouth) NS, shared with three other Maritime stations at other hours. Lucky to hear anything with summer storm noise level on 2 MHz band.

Nothing audible on the N&L channel 2598-USB. At least into fall and winter we should also check other Canadian 2 MHz marine weather channels, which are further and more exotic from here, skeds also on that site:
Eastern Arctic 2514, 2582, 4353, 6507
Western Arctic 4353, 5803, 6218.6
Pacific Coast  2054 kHz (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

===============

** OKLAHOMA. 1120, Aug 17 at 0112 UT, Mexican music, 6 Hz SAH with nulled KMOX already skywaving in, as I am checking KETU/KEOR Catoosa/Sperry/Tulsa, daytimer which the last few days of July I was hearing cutting off automatically a few minutes after official sunset, around 0148 UT. But in August, official FCC sunset for Catoosa is 0115 UT, so will it go off a few minutes after that now? NO! 0118 music sounds Brazilian; 0125 UT still going with music, surge in strength, maybe sunset enhancement, but fading down after 0130. Still NEVER ANY announcements about the music, let alone IDs or ads, just segués at 0124, 0131; still on at 0142, 0147 as KMOX is growing; 0149:16 segué, but cut off the air mid-music at 0151:03.5*, so no essential change since July (Glenn Hauser, Enid, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** OKLAHOMA [and non]. 1640, Aug 14 at 0525 UT, 0552 UT and still 0605 UT, KZLS Enid/Hennessey/OKC is in open carrier/dead air. Lost network feed and nobody knows, nobody cares at the station.

This easifies hearing sports talk without even nulling KZLS but with a moderately fast SAH, no doubt from WTNI Biloxi MS, which last year`s NRC AM Log affiliated with both ESPN and CBS Sports; and from that signal, we continue to suspect 10 kW day power instead of 1 kW night (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

===================

** U S A. 1330, Aug 20 at 1241 UT, KNSS Wichita mentions that this is National Radio Day! All about it here:
http://www.nationalradioday.com/about/
Let us celebrate; not least, SW (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** U S A. 1680, Aug 15 at 0559 UT ``Classic Hits --- it`s what we were born to do, L-A-1-0-5``, no legal ID until a bit later during music, ``KRJO Monroe``, as the Louisiana X-bander continues to be a mere simulcaster of an FM station whose dial position trumps any mention of ``1-6-8``. That`s really KLIP 105.3, 50 kW in the WTFDA FM Database, which does not show it // 1680! (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** U S A. 1700, Aug 15 at 0133 UT, Mexican music is dominant, so KKLF must be on the air again. Our last report about it this year was:

``1700, KKLF Richardson TX, had been off the air for a couple of months but came back on circa June 4-5 with Tejano format, overdriven audio as before, gone again since June 6 (Mark Sills, Denton County, June 22, DX LISTENING DIGEST)`` (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST) But off again?

UNIDENTIFIED. 2660-AM, Aug 17 at 0153 UT, JBA carrier, probably from the KGLD 1330 Tyler TX second harmonic, which I IDed previously when conditions were much quieter. Why not, as I am getting Nova Scotia now on 2749. However, this should be well after KGLD cut from day power of 1000 to night power of 77 watts on non-direxional fundamental: August SR/SS officially: 1145/0100 UT; September, 1200/0030 UT (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

UNIDENTIFIED. 3200, Aug 20 at 0316, JBA carrier with trace of audio; suspect a 2 x 1600 harmonic (or 4 x 800, or 5 x 640). 3215 WWCR has been known to put out spurs but unseems // and would not likely be on exactly 3200.00 like this (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

--- End Message ---