From: jniven <jniven@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: am <am@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Wed, Aug 19, 2015 11:29 am
Subject: Re: [NRC-AM] [IRCA] DKAZ Antenna

Hi Neil,

Thanks from a happy DKAZ user. The antenna took 3 weekends to build,
due to the Texas heat, clearing a path through the trees and gathering all the
supplies. I decided to make this a permanent installation, using 4"x4" timber
posts for the main supports and 2" electrical PVC pipe for the 22' supports, all
seemed to work just fine.
As for the termination, I will try a 5k pot and see
if I can get a better null to the north. The Dallas station come in pretty good
here, 570 KLIF, 820 WBAP, these would be the stations I would like to null.
Also, at present I am using coax direct onto the feed end of the antenna, so I
have not added the matching transformer as yet, next step.

As for San Angelo
stations, I have only logged KGKL 960 but nothing else at present.
I really
don't have enough width on my land for a side by side DKAZ, sounds like a great
idea though.
I am presently working on my Spanish, I know some which helps with
station identifications, but more is helpful.

Thanks
James

----
neilkaz <neilkaz@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> This is good to hear about another
happy DKAZ user. You may find that you are an even more happy DKAZ user if you
spend the effort to manually fine tune Rt to see if you can get even better back
nulls. This is best done in the daytime. I'd guess you might improve back nulls
by a few dB unless 900 ohms is perfect. I do realize that you probably don't
have much daytime stuff from 300 deg into Austin. Does San Angelo come in?

> Do you have land to array two of these side by side for a more narrow
beamwidth?

> If not fluent in Spanish aimed at 120 from Austin, I expect
you'll want to improve your command of that language.  73 KAZ