[IRCA] Oregon Cliff (Rockwork 4) Ultralight DU's for 8-8 (Preliminary)

Hello All,

There was no repeat of yesterday's torrid Kiwi propagation at the plunging ocean cliff this morning, but as usual the awesome view site provided a silver lining for DXersÂhoping for some excitement. Around 1300 the Australians on the low band became unusually strong, with relatively obscure stations on 531, 558 and 585 coming up to decent levels.

In total darkness around 1130 the hot topic of discussion was yesterday's freakish session, especially the wall-to-wall DU coverage from 531 to 1701 (most of which I missed by my live DXing, but which Chuck and Tom recorded in full). While my two partners were setting up their broadband loops around 1145 at the wide open site (completely free of "sleeping squatters") I set up my backup 12" FSL to record 531 kHz-- and immediately noticed a very potent signal from 531-4KZ, all alone on the frequency (MP3 link below). This set a trend for entire session, as the low-band Aussies provided all the excitement in an otherwise routine session (a full report and more recordings to follow).

531Â 4KZÂÂ Innisfail, AustraliaÂÂ Strong local advertisements at 1146 duringÂpredawn darkness; dominating over PI all session
https://app.box.com/s/4cglto8uzff7zymehxiw0bkx8wha5rtl

73 and Good DX,
Gary DeBock (DXing at the Rockwork 4 ocean cliff, near Manzanita, OR)
7.5" loopstick C.Crane Skywave Ultralight + 17" and 12" FSL antennas