[IRCA] Alberta / B.C. DXer summit

My wife Andrea and I got to hang out with Alberta DXer Nigel Pimblett over seasonal beers at our local Canoe Club brewery in downtown Victoria yesterday - during unseasonably hot weather - it was around 90 degrees or 30C on the patio beside the water.

Nigel is actually the longest running radio friend I have going back to 1975 when we were teenagers. I had the pleasure of hanging out with his younger brother Brian one summers day some 40 years ago. Brian passed away too soon around 8 years ago and I often think about him and his influence on the hobby..

Nick Hall-Patch (alive and kicking) is my second most venerable radio colleague - whom I also met later in 1975... When I was 15 years old.. And he was 24 or so at the time. He hasn't changed a bit.

Anyway - enough reminiscing!

Happy listening!

Colin Newell - CoffeeCrew.com - VA7WWV - Victoria - BC