[IRCA] Oregon Cliff (Rockwork 4) Ultralight DU's for 6-28

Hello All,

Well, there's never a dull moment at the "Kiwi Cliff." Another day of "fantastic" conditions (according to Tom) combined with stiff wind, some rain, and a huge RV parked right in the middle of the Rockwork 4 turnoff. None of the distractions mattered, though, as Tom and I enjoyed one of the most thrillingÂsessions possible. Wild S9 fights between Aussies and Kiwis on 567, 774 and 828 made it a morning to remember, while potent Kiwis once again were all over the band. Both Tom and I had DU's on practically every frequency we tried for, and TomÂmentioned it was one of the wackiest sessions he could ever remember.

In the predawn darkness at 1115 both Tom and I were staring at the huge RV, wondering where we should set up our antennas. We decided to share opposite ends of Rockwork 4, and in the stiff windÂplastic tie wraps were needed to anchor the FSL antennas' PVC bases to large rocks at Rockwork. The session started off at 1200 with the Kiwis dominating as usual, but around 1230 the Aussie big buns started pounding in. Both sides got stronger and stronger untilÂsome classic DU snarls started, and the wacky weather added to the bizarre situation. Tom and I really couldn't communicate around the huge RV, but as the session was wrapping up he came over to "my" side of the turnoff with the biggest smile I've ever seen him display-- thoroughly convinced that this ocean cliff was the most exciting DXing venue on the planet. Of course,ÂwithÂanother "fantastic" session providing multiple S9 DU recordings, who was I to disagree?ÂBecause of the exceptional conditions Tom decided to stay an extra day-- and we plan to hit it hard togetherÂon our last day at the Cliff tomorrow.

567Â RNZ (dominant) and 4JK (needing help)ÂÂÂPotent mix of New Zealand and Australia at 1242; strongest mix of these two ever observed
https://app.box.com/s/wqfvhvfoie65t2kp1tb9ro09y12xbttr

765 R. Kahungunu Napier-Hastings, NZ Another S9 Maori music signal from this 2.5 kW overachiever at 1205
https://app.box.com/s/fqio3aim333olwznp66hmp0fger0wj6u

774Â Radio Sport (dominant at times) and 3LO (almost equal strength)ÂÂ The Kiwi station had the occasional edge at 1215, but couldn't quite deliver the knockout blow in this S9 mix
https://app.box.com/s/va4ryxkxjg2uwx9fenzxxjolyf5ttvvb

783Â Access RadioÂÂ Wellington, NZÂÂÂStrong Hindi (?) speech and Indian-sounding music at 1217
https://app.box.com/s/6d04xu2w8w9yghiny6uqurb4l9f1yowj

1035Â Newstalk ZBÂÂ Wellington, NZÂÂÂVery strong signal during interview program at 1227
https://app.box.com/s/4kjp8md1sclazj5d3iwkyn4tunwpjk25 Â

1503Â Radio SportÂÂÂWellington/ Christchurch, NZÂÂ Strong American-accented English sports talk at 1252
https://app.box.com/s/ewmko9im8efkp0gmvnowyn9knbs4cbuc

73 and Good DX,
Gary DeBock (DXing at the Rockwork 4 ocean cliff, near Manzanita, OR)
7.5" loopstick C.Crane Skywave Ultralights+
17" and 15" DXpedition FSL antennas

ÂÂÂÂ