[IRCA] Oregon Cliff (Rockwork 4) Ultralight DU's for 6-26 --Grayland version

1035 was the kingpin frequency at Grayland Gary, and although Chuck was unimpressed, that might have been familiarity, which I am lacking.   It sure sounded at times like New Zealand was not far away from Grayland from about 1210-1230UT this morning.   There's lots of listening to recordings to be done yet, but hearing Zedders (some presumed; Australia was pretty much a no show) on  792 (sports), 1017, 927, 981, 1458 etc. sure made my morning, and NZ conditions seemed considerably better than yesterday.

But even though Australia wasn't there, a completely unexpected JOAK-594 showed up, quite readable, at 1139UT....geomagnetic upsets are for the small fry when you're a big gun NHK I guess.  And the latest forecast geomagnetic storm seems to have been downgraded, so maybe more Japanese here tomorrow?

best wishes,

Nick

--

--