[IRCA] DX conditions, 9-10 p.m. EDT, 24 JUN

--- Begin Message ---
Checks of the band at 9 p.m. and 10 p.m. EDT (UTC 0100, 0200) show some definite auroral effects.

Cuban Reloj tick-tockers are topping 870, 950, 960, 980 and no doubt several other channels.

I didn't dig in much yet with live listening other than noting quite a few usual Cubans, Puerto Ricans, and South Americans.  Static was worse at 9 p.m.; it eased up a bit by 10 p.m.

The south antenna was definitely offering more of interest than the east antenna.

I ran Perseus captures on the south antenna for later review.  At 11 p.m. I might run one on the east antenna before going to bed, mostly to see if anything TA shows up.  Canaries 621, Mauritania 783, and VOA Sao Tome 1530 would be the "usual suspects" given the K-index.

Mark Connelly, WA1ION
South Yarmouth, MA

Receiver: Microtelecom Perseus

Antenna 1: Cardioid-pattern SuperLoop: 10m vert. by 11m horiz. (peak 165 deg., null 345 deg.)
Antenna 2: Cardioid-pattern SuperLoop: 8m vert. by 15m horiz. (peak 75 deg., null 255 deg.)
See http://www.bamlog.com/superloop.htm for similar antenna type.

--- End Message ---