[IRCA] Domestic MWDX to Enid OK, June 5-11, 2015

--- Begin Message ---
All times and dates strictly UT [4 hours ahead of `ELT` during DST; when changing times one must also change the dates for events in the 00-04 UT period to the previous date by ELT].

Rx: mostly DX-398 or PL-880 with internal antenna only; Nissan stock caradio as specified; FRG-7 with E/W longwire as specified

These logs are excerpts from my daily all-band reports, mainly SWBC, also VHF/UHF, sometimes, utility, ham, which may be found in several archives without much delay, such as

All my MW DX reports starting August 2011 are archived in this forum with open access:
http://forums.wtfda.org/showthread.php?6543-MW-DX-from-Enid-OK-by-Glenn-Hauser/page35

These logs are in four sections, Canada [if any], Oklahoma [if any], rest of USA, unidentified [if any], separated by ======= Within each, they are in frequency order

** OKLAHOMA. 930, June 7 at 1222 UT, yes, WKY, `La Indomable`, OKC, is still defaulting to unaccented English for a pubaffs talk show on Sunday mornings for less than a semihour circa 1200 UT --- discussion of some Medieval Times event (Glenn Hauser, Enid, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** OKLAHOMA. 960, June 5 at 0500-0505 UT, NO Fox-Hole of dead air from local KGWA Enid, nor on several other recent nights. Hope they haven`t fixed it permanently. I would have to check every night for at least a week to be sure, and that`s inconvenient (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** OKLAHOMA. 960, June 6 at 0215 UT, I`m marveling at how, even without a Fox-hole during the `Clark Howard Show`, I can null local KGWA down to nothing by extremely precise rotation of the DX-398 on the easel in my second-floor radio room. The slightest nudge will bring it back in. But as it`s sitting in the null, KGWA starts cutting in all by itself. Is something happening intermittently with their power/pattern, or is the DX-398 responsible? Have not noticed such behavior before (Glenn Hauser, Enid, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** OKLAHOMA. 1000, June 6 at 0604-0606 UT, dead air from KTOK OKC, during which I can make out some Spanish and some English from understations, the former WSW likely Juárez. 0606 UT KTOK comes to life with music presumably prélude to another C2CAM talkhour (Glenn Hauser, Enid, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** OKLAHOMA [and non]. 1500, KPGM Pawhuska OK, daytimer suspected of nighttiming as monitored from Enid in several previous logs vs KSTP: on June 10 for the OK Mozart festival I happen to be in Bartlesville OK, joint city for this station, and am hearing the same kind of conflict. First on caradio around 0305 UT, Cards baseball on both 1500 and jointly owned Bartian station 1400 KWON. Cards promo break at 0359 UT has different content, but at 0400 UT rejoining // game coverage without any local IDs. Unlike in the daytime with large local signal, at night even this close to site (apparently the single nondescript stick right next to US 60 about halfway between the cities), at a hotel on east side of B`ville, one can null KSTP or KPGM with the tell-tale SAH between them (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** OKLAHOMA. Re: ``1650, June 4 at 0509 UT, `Info Wars` with Alex Jones is on KYHN Sallisaw, instead of `Red Eye Radio` so not // 1640 KZLS. Own sked http://kyhnradio.com/schedule continues to show Info Wars ending at local midnight CDT weekdays, and RER after midnight --- I can only conclude that KYHN sometimes fails to make the proper program source switch during CBS news on the hour. One far-right wacko is as bad as two others (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)``

Could running Jones later be in compensation for earlier preemption by a stupid ballgame on certain nights? (Glenn Hauser, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** U S A. 850, June 6 at 0218 UT, no KOA yet, but instrumental hymns looping NE/SW, presumably KFUO Clayton MO still on even after 9 pm local now at midsummer, as KOA`s sunset is not until 0230 UT in June & July. Our sunset was 0146 UT and its latest a month from now will be 0153 UT, per Gaisma.com (Glenn Hauser, Enid OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** U S A. 1060, June 6 at 0602 UT, EWTN is very good dominating channel, with ``repeat of Sunday Night Prime``. I.e. KRCN, Longmont, Colorado, 50000/111 watts, obviously stuck on day power to the delight of Mother Angélica and The Vatican. Hardly any het from off-frequency XE, nor KIJN TX/NM. At 1119 UT circa sunrise here, nothing much; could KIJN be back in whack? (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** U S A. 1190, June 6 at 0213 UT, `Open Line Friday with Colin Donovan` from EWTN, ergo KDMR Kansas City MO, 5/0.5 kW (not KPHN as in NRC AM Log: remember they then swapped calls with El Dorado 1360). FCC sunset in June & July is 0145 UT, to cut from 5 to 0.5 kW; it soon faded, maybe really powering down circa 0215 UT? I shortly also have EWTN on 1060, q.v., no doubt KRCN CO, but not enough signal on two receivers to check if matching (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** U S A. 1200, June 6 at 0212 UT, heavy C&W music atop talk show, WOAI really getting QRMed! Not exactly --- I can`t get a null on either and it`s soon clear that WOAI is QRMing itself with double audio modulation; and the music cuts off a minute later uncovering the `Michael Berry Show`, who was apparently unaware what was happening to him. So much for the flagship of Clear Channel, or whatever (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

--- End Message ---