[IRCA] RHF has good news!

May 17 2015

Hello, thank you for having an interest in what we do to protect radio heritage...you may have used some of our free radio guides for instance....now, this is some good and important news we must share today.

We've been quiet lately, but watch our website for news soon now that we've completed our latest annual report so we can share the bigger picture with you....it's looking very good apart from not being able to fully cover our operational costs.... our volunteers report a lot of good news:

* donations up 20%
* expenses remain fixed for 5 years
* website users steady after decline a year ago
* new visitors now almost 82%
* Facebook fans up 300%
* successful migration to new web server
* WordPress version of site steadily advances towards launch
* First content partner achieved with Nautel from Canada
* Technical upgrade #1 achieved with community grant
* Collective Access database project testing started
* several new commercial partnerships
* continued use of the Australian, New Zealand and Hawaiian Radio Guides

The tough issues facing us right now are:

* getting donations to cover 100% of operating costs [currently 73%] which tick over at $450 every week
* new content has been limited to avoid duplication of effort
* cataloging and data entry of collections postponed because of the imminent launch of Collective Access, again we have to avoid duplication of effort from our limited volunteer base
* paying off our accumulated debts [$12,449]
* engaging more volunteers through use of the new systems
* more storage space

The heart of this project - where the costs continue to be - is the collection from destruction, damage and loss of memorabilia and memories, safe housing of physical memorabilia, cataloging, research and publication for free of our holdings and those of others. The website is a fairly small cost but invaluable to what we do with your support...it takes the memories global.

Our material has strength from the Pacific region [Australia, NZ, Pacific islands], the Americas, and with strong representation from Asia, Africa and Europe. All are original, many are rare. They have to be housed safely.

If you're helped us before, and some of you still do on a regular basis, you'll be aware we couldn't be here today without your help along the way. If you can show your support at this time, we will continue to be grateful to you for helping us overcome these challenges and move forward.

Our main donation option is Paypal at www.radioheritage.net, which is extremely safe and secure and donors get recognition on the Supporter Roll and if you live in New Zealand, we can provide a tax receipt for $5 or more.

I'm sorry for the length of this note. However, we owe you, our friends, this information on the good news and our current financial status, but more importantly, to share with you how your continued support will help us make the breakthrough needed to save and share the stories of radio heritage and make it financially stable so our plans will come to fruition without more loss.

Warm regards, and thank you
David Ricquish
Chairman
Radio Heritage Foundation
www.radioheritage.net

Email us 'unsubscribe' by return to be removed from our mailing list. Please allow time for volunteers to find your address and remove it. PS..we'd love your support and donation at www.radioheritage.net as we move into our second decade keeping radio memories safe for the community worldwide to enjoy....for free.