One featuring a Polish program: http://www.quebecdx.com/vatican_1530.mp3 (03-21-2009) And a second one in French this time, mixed apparently with WCKY: http://www.quebecdx.com/vatican_1530a.mp3 (02-15-2010)

BTW, see this interesting article about their antenna array design. Because of their International status, R.Vatican had to deliver most of its 600 KW of power to their International audience. In order to do so, while taking advantage of their high frequency slot, they also managed to reduce the daytime "fading free" groundwave propagation radius to as little as 100 KM, and this from a 600 KW transmitter!! http://www.waniewski.de/MW/Vatikan/vatican_mw_1en.htm

Sylvain

Le 2015-05-05 13:21, neilkaz a écrit :
Thx, Sylvain. Hopefully you can put a good dent in WCKY by phasing two of your Beverages. Another possibility
From: Sylvain Naud <sylvainnaud62@xxxxxxxxx>
Sent: May 4, 2015 9:29 PM
To: neilkaz <neilkaz@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Mailing list for the International Radio Club of America <irca@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [IRCA] VOA 1530 Sao Tome logged in IL tonight

Yes indeed, a very fine catch Neil. I never heard Sao Tome here but I did
hear Vatican on 1530 in 2009.

Sylvain

In my 50 years of DXing AM there have been many "OMG moments"! One just
occurred just before 0300 UTC as I had about 25 seconds of VOA's pre-s/on
Yankee Doodle IS u/WCKY which is nulled somewhat by my DKAZ array with the
beam steered ENE. Sao Tome is a new country here. Vatican was logged once
here. This stuff is easier at my spot in WI on a bluff overlooking Lake
Michigan, but my only logging of VOA 1530 was with African news mixed with
Vatican when WCKY dropped audio for a few minutes due to some glitch.

There are quite a few TA carriers, mostly upperband. Bits of audio from a
few. Most unusual for May but A/K has been low for quite a few days now.

73 KAZ 35 miles NW of Chicago

--
Sylvain Naud
Portneuf, QC