[IRCA] clifton labs Z10040a/b

Yes Nick, that definitely helps me decide to get one. I do have the
matching transformer and power line already in place so it should not be
too much of a task to set it up now that the good wx is here.  thanks   Jim

Date: Sun, 03 May 2015 16:20:01 +0000
From: Nick Hall-Patch <nhp@xxxxxxxx>
        <irca@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [IRCA] Clifton Labs Z10040A / B

I haven't used mine in that application Jim, tending to just bite the
bullet and pay for the FLG-100 which does the job for those antennas
right out of the box.   Signal handling is good also.  Really nice unit.

For the Clifton, you'd need a matching transformer to get the 50 ohms
if you haven't already got one, and presumably you already have some
way to run DC to the amplifier at the antenna.    If you want to use
the amplifier at the radio  end of things, then you'll need to be
more concerned about noise pickup on the feed line.

Hope that helps to focus things a bit.   You probably won't easily
get better signal handling than the Clifton amp, but the FLG100 is
right up there, and easy to use.

best wishes,

Nick