[IRCA] Help with a UNID on 1590 Khz from 1983!!!! Radio Crystal/Cristal/Colistro??? PUERTO RICO

Hi Guys:

  I was just looking back through some of my Logs and found 2 Logs from 1983, that are probably the same station, but I was never able to ID it back in 1983. I have done some Internet searches and can't find anything that could be it either…….

So…..Does anybody who was Dxing back in 1983 recognize this station??? I am only guessing that it was from Puerto Rico, as there were lots of mentions of Puerto Rico both times I heard it. It could be a US Spanish Station with a Puerto Rican format??

I realize this is a LONG SHOT….but hey, I gotta ask!! Probably should have tried harder to ID this years ago….but here I am 32 Years Later trying to figure out what the heck this was!! HAHAHHAAA…..

Anyone recognize this??? Any help would be greatly appreciated and solve a Long Standing UNID!!

73…………..ROB VA3SW

Robert S. Ross
London, Ontario CANADA

FEB/03/1983 0015-0053 EST Good Signal with SPANISH Format.
Heard on an RCA AR77 Receiver and Longwire Antenna.

Spanish Talk SS EZ Listening Music. IDs sounded like "Radio Crystal" or "Radio Cristal".
Spanish Synthesizer Voiced Jingles.
Many Mentions of Puerto Rico.
Male and Female Announcers in Spanish.
Most of the Music was EZ Listening Type music.
Was in for 53 Minutes but of course faded out before TOH ID.
Dec/05/1983  0025-0040 EST   Good Signal with SPANISH Format.
Heard on a RADIO SHACK TRF with Built In Loopstick Antenna.

Female and Male Anouncers in Spanish. Many IDs which sounded like "Radio Colistro",
but could have easily been "Radio Cristal" or "Radio Crystal".
Excited Yelling and Talk by Male Announcer.
Many mentions of "Puerto Rico"
In for 15 Minutes no ID other than as stated above.